Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I have a William Blake major arcana tarot deck, this one:

As a beginner I really appreciate the little descriptions at the bottom of each card!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Slavvy posted:

Can I get a tarot reading? Wanna know if I can really do this thing and change my life in the process or if I'm getting my hopes up just to fail, again

ok

Past - Present - Future
Death - Temperance - Strength

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
One of Fravor's fellow pilots also appeared on CNN to confirm the Tictac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4607ie710I

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Riot Bimbo posted:

this feels relevant but fyi thread the new futurama is so loving bad you should not watch it

thats all

disagree :shrug:

if you like futurama then watch it, goon reading this, and decide for thineself. I like it :)

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Aphantasia goons, I want to know more about your genetics. Do you have mental illness in your family tree or a strange lack thereof? Artists, intellectuals?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
There are some tribes in central and northern british columbia where they have first hand experience of sasquatch, which was later bastardised into the bigfoot mythos. The podcast Canadaland did a great episode about it with a few first hand stories.

From my discussions with someone i trust who lives on the central coast this isnt as simple as an ape or missing link wandering in the forest. A lot of information about it is also never going to be shared with outsiders. It is taken very seriously and rituals are performed in relation to the spiritual nature of contact with it. Not necessarily physical contact, close proximity is enough according to the stories i was told.

Personally i wonder if these xfiles kinda beings are manifestations of global consciousness..

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

krispykremessuck posted:

citations needed did an episode recently on Havana syndrome and that was the first I heard anyone really going on about it being fake

I never paid much attention to it in the first place because it seemed unverifiable but I expect those guys and those that agree with them also agree that CFS and fibromyalgia are fake too right

'Fake' isnt the right word for fibromyalgia. More like a diagnosis of exclusion because they cannot figure out what is wrong with you. Plenty of sane people who have misc autoimmune or nerve issues end up under the fibromyalgia umbrella and it is not cool how doctors and random people judge people who suffer for years being accused of drug seeking etc.

With havana they are channeling paranoia from and about their actions as spooks into a fake illness. Their symptoms may be real but there is no evidence of the supposed long range headache beams. That poo poo is 100% spook paranoia and it is hilarious.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
We have a huge wave of hosed up brains happening in eastern canada right now. Like sudden onset dementia where they were theorising it was a prion disorder like mad cow disease associated with eating deer meat. For some strange reason no one here is theorizing their buddy has brain damage from a hidden weapon being fired into their office at the fish plant

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
It sounds horrible. Here is the official word on it. Doctors and journalists have been accusing the province of a coverup on how serious the issue is so take this link with a brick of salt!

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/health/neuro-cluster.html

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Google Butt posted:

hmm there been any viral epidemics recently or?

I'm pretty sure it is just cubans with microwaves

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
bunch of gormless lookin mormon rear end pointy headed motherfuckers

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Paramemetic posted:

there's an alleged document out there somewhere that I've seen but can't confirm the origin or authenticity of where one of the three letters is afraid of the threat that Russian psychic sorcerers are going to timeline shift the US away and I sometimes am hopeful that's true, they succeeded, and in the real timeline the world is happily united as a communist utopia, and I'm just in the shattered capitalist hell timeline

reminds me of the end of PKD's Man in the High Castle

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Alright based on some great posts earlier in the thread, I ordered the sci-fi novel "REJOICE: A Knife to the Heart" by my man Steven Erikson, got it in the mail yesterday, and have been devouring it. It feels like it was written for me, and this thread. I just reached a point in the book that made it impossible for me to not post about it. To bring people up to date on the discussion of this book from earlier, the idea is that aliens project a technologic field over the earth that prevents violent acts by humans, but that is only one of the things they do. However before I go into more of the glee I get out of this book I should talk about its author.

Erikson is a sometimes-local to me. He used to live on the small gulf island I am from, then lived in the city I currently live in, Victoria BC. Being a huge fan of his fantasy series, The Malazan Book of the Fallen, I met him a few times around town, then when he was reading from his newest books at local bookstores he would often invite everyone out to dinner at the pub down the road. So myself and a friend of mine took the opportunity to chat him and his wife up about their backgrounds (he was an anthropologist) and his novels. The man is a purestrain nerd, influenced by classic Star Trek as much as Michael Moorcock's Elric novels. One of his novels, Willful Child, is a pastiche and loving ode to Shatner era Trek. Parts of the Malazan series were written with the help of roleplaying with his friends and collaborators. His mastery and love of the genre (and other sci-fi authors) really shines through in this novel.

How do the aliens communicate with us? Well, they don't. They set up an AI to control the forcefields on Earth. They project fields around pods of whales, great tracts of land and sea, and even create wildlife corridors. Humans and their things are shoved along by the slowly growing fields. Unconscious and drugged humans are described being rolled slowly along. Rather than doing first contact with the president of America, as the Americans were egotistically expecting, the AI instead 'beams up' a Canadian sci-fi author whose writing they are fans of. They have calculated that once they convince her, she will be their mouthpiece to explain what is going to be happening to planet Earth. The author herself asks why me, why not Stephen King or George RR Martin? But it comes down to the aliens enjoying her sci-fi more. Super cheeky, reminding me a bit of Vonnegut's Kilgore Trout being the authorial stand in for ET contact.

-What about other forms of violence? Well it is child's play for such a godlike AI to step onto the internet and become the ultimate moderator, preventing the dissemination of violent media. The AI continues to allow the enforcement of some laws through the police, but that is only at the first stages of its Protocol.

-Why have the aliens done this now? They have obviously been watching for a long time. They value consciousness and made a judgement that the human race was about to drive Earth's biosphere into near extinction and that due to how we have exploited the planet's surface resources, sentience is unlikely to return and thrive after we annihilate ourselves. So they finally intervene before it is too late. They are from systems closer to the galactic core but still consider our system to be part of their "community" and feel like they have a parental role.

-They can prevent people from hurting each other, even from going from a hug into a more violent embrace. At a checkpoint in the Gaza strip, people are rioting and throwing themselves at the invisible barriers while just down the road from them a Palestinian youth walks up to bum a smoke off some baffled Israeli soldiers. What is the :techno: description of how they are doing this? They have wrapped a "web" around Earth's magnetosphere using an AI supercomputer that exists largely in a state of quantum uncertainty. Through manipulation of earth's magnetosphere they can project walls of force between people who are about to come to blows. The speed of quantum calculations allows them to track human thought and throw up the barrier based on the violent motives of a person. They easily block bullets and prevent ICBMs from firing.

-What about our other alien experiences? For example, the stereotypical Greys? The greys have been hanging around Earth because they derive sustenance from intense psychic emanations. They mind-rape abductees to satisfy themselves. They have been working on digging a moon base, but they GTFO when the pacifist aliens come into our system. The pacifist ETs consider the Greys to be parasites.

-What is the universe like? Is it endless galactic struggle for resources? For this one, I will just post screens of the pages I read that drove me to put the book down and post here. You see, Iain M Banks was right all along. Adam is the name they chose for the AI, Samantha is the author:

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

D-Pad posted:

I was the poster who originally brought this book up but it was actually in the GBS thread. Glad you are enjoying though, it's a fun book and I would definitely recommend it to anybody in this thread.

Thanks D-Pad, I second that recommendation! High-minded modern sci-fi like this is really rare.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
really not impressed by footage of a guy saying he is seeing orbs on his infrared. show the infrared or it's just more dumb ghost hunter reality tv! show us the orbs cowards!!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Can't emphasize enough how good "Rejoice: A Knife to the Heart" was. It's the new, updated version of Childhood's End, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys sci fi. It's deeply touching and sincere while also being a biting commentary on our leadership and capitalism in general. A very hopeful book with clear ideas on how the human race could do better if we stopped allowing violence and secrecy to be the levers of power most used against us.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

!amicable posted:

i did some drawings featuring birds

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

sharknado slashfic posted:

All of Ancient Mu is laughing at you right now

Pretty sure I visited Mu in illusion of gaia for the SNES, and it was fuckin boring. not impressed, mu-sers

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Graves already said in the congressional hearing there are pilots of airliners going across the pacific who are "seeing weird lights" or something to that effect. It is probably in the transcript

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Can someone explain "aitees" to me? is it a combination of ayyyylmaos and ETs or is it the written version of an american drawl of the abbr. ETs or wat?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

I am chilled to the bone by this

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

SKULL.GIF posted:

Forget MH370, let's look at other military videos of UFOs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhKaqxph4SA

For this video watch carefully what happens at the 1:00 mark.

More videos here: https://thedebrief.org/incursions-at-the-border-homeland-security-agents-tell-of-encounters-with-uap/

"Rubber Duck" is being tracked for 40+ minutes moving in a perfectly straight line at a perfectly consistent velocity. No heat signatures, no deviations, they can't get a proper lock on it as if it's transparent/translucent.

"Aguadilla" is similar to Rubber Duck, an orb of some type moving in a straight line.

"Apache" has the pilot notice and comment on 3 super-fast flying objects at the 1 hour 29 minute mark (but no video of it, the pilot wasn't looking up enough at the 3 objects). Rest of video seems unremarkable as far as I can tell.

"Warthog" shows an orb zipping around in the atmosphere as a military jet tries to fly around it.

We also have footage of the radar screen of the Omaha during that event
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh4QngYJG4I

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Items in my vicinity have been vanishing into wormholes and reappearing at a later point in the time line. Mostly cell phones and keys, sometimes hat. For example multiple searches for my keys were undergone only for the keys to suddenly (re?)appear on kitchen counter. This happens over and over to me and also my elderly mother. I'm going to come right out and just say it: we are being victimized by 'beings' of a higher plane...

And if you guys are interested in a cool side of the Sasquatch story, this is a good podcast episode: https://www.canadaland.com/podcast/816-the-true-story-of-sasquatch/ it's about how the Sts'ailes people have manipulated sasquatch culture at Harrison Hot Springs into maintaining and passing down ancient sasquatch related lore and ritual through to the present. Also they act as stewards of the area, so assholes don't bother the sasquatches.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

The Saucer Hovers posted:

that must be one of those earless entities ive been hearing about

HUH!?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I would like to mention that the I Ching is another form of scrying not unlike the tarot, 2000 years older, and was at least briefly re-explored by some of the psychonauts of the 60s when they were into this stuff. It is featured in PKD's "Man in the High Castle." That author obviously had his own experiences that were both spiritual and extra terrestrial in nature, though many would ascribe to a type of mental breakdown, rather than information on the soul-prison we are all trapped in being beamed into his brain by a distant satellite. He also played with the ideas of being higher-plane beings who had locked ourselves into a false reality and forgotten how to escape.

Turpitude has issued a correction as of 20:16 on Aug 22, 2023

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Winkle-Daddy posted:

huh, I remember all of that but the crab hands. I never read The Transmigration of Timothy Archer. I might read that next... but man, the synopsis makes me think it's going to be the worst of the three.

I highly recommend it, it's based on the true story of Bishop Pike and the relationship PKD had with him. It's not a long book, you should definitely check it out :)

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I loving LOVE David Lynch. I only learned recently that he was really into the teachings of the Maharishi. Here is a clip where he talks about transcendental meditation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em3XplqnoF4

I was pretty much totally on board with his whole spiel until he got to the part (13 minutes in) where he says that a coordinated group of Meditators could foster some kind of societal change (he is quite vague). In theory, the influence of a group of people drawing upon the forces of consciousness to nudge things in different directions is something I am down with. But in practice, when you are sitting around meditating you are not actually *doing* anything, leaving others to care for your worldly responsibilities. And my internal skeptic voice also wants to note that we have been trying to do this kind of thing for thousands of years so what makes Maharishi's/Lynch's Transcendental Meditation different from other forms of spiritual focus w/r/t creating real change?

He now has his own foundation focused on fostering TM all over the place (https://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/) and if you click around the site you will see the usual insipid celebrity endorsements from people like Bill Clinton, Jerry Seinfeld, and Ellen Degeneres, which is a bit disheartening. Now, 'mindfulness,' which is a keyword used all over the Lynch foundation website, is mainstream psychology associated with cognitive behavioral therapy. There is nothing particularly far out about using breathing, visualization, and other mindfulness techniques to calm and center ourselves. So my main issue goes back to what the guy is saying about manifesting 'something' out of the depths of consciousness (no-thing/unified field). Creativity in multiple forms, sure, I can get behind that, but when it comes to a population group of transcenders (I'm getting flashbacks to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri) it seems quite far fetched.

Anyone have any insights or reading suggestions for me? I have been using mindfulness techniques for years but TM comes off as quite "woo" when we see how it was played around with in the 60s and 70s and is now being marketed by dipshits like Clinton.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

smelly goblin posted:

I highly recommend the app 1 giant mind. It's transcendental meditation but without the marketing and it's free. I was using it a lot for a time and I liked it a lot. I can't say much on the woo stuff but that style of meditation does help you get into a deep meditative state easier than some other techniques, at least it was that way for me.

thanks goblin I will check it out!

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
the idea that dipshit mormons or baptists or some other close minded sect have control of US satellite systems and all the information that entails is disturbingly easy to conceive. north american politics and military is riddled with x-tian fundamentalists the way a corpse is riddled with maggots. one would hope that encountering forces beyond their understanding would shake someone from their fundamentalist stupor, but we know it isn't that simple, especially with the kind of hierarchies at play. i don't think it is necessarily true (that some dumb military guys are -saying- it's demons at work) but I feel like it could be...

now, the lever being used by some politicians/talking heads to pry at the secrecy is a good one. if you are paying billions for satellites to spy on everyone to prevent another 9/11 then why can't you handle chinese spy balloons? attacking the issue from that angle is, IMO, a great way to seek disclosure from the MIC and demand accountability. that one and the "safety of are pilots!" angle. productive ways of framing this, use demand for transparency re: their massive failures like a knife to cut through the MIC bullshit and give us some goddamn answers about these encounters

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
10 years ago when I was on life support in the ICU in Toronto General Hospital I had extended and hosed up NDEs that have been difficult to reconcile to this day. Some I am certain were caused by the meds they had me on, some by my brain getting hosed with by organs that were shutting down, while others may have been beyond the physical realm. I experienced major horrors, but I was also saved by a force of love that I perceived as some kind of Jesus-figure. The moment my body took the turn from dying to recovery was also a spiritual experience that I was conscious of in my near-comatose state. I wish you guys were around back when I made an NDE thread to talk about it, all I got was goons lazily posting stuff like "I almost got hit by a car one time."

Speaking with mental health professionals, I was reassured that some NDEs and hallucinations can be experienced as more "real" than reality. Whether this is a trick of our physically-bound consciousness or a glimpse through the veil is of course the Big Question.

Turpitude has issued a correction as of 16:45 on Aug 29, 2023

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I took a few caps of ground up penis envy shrooms a friend grew and while the dose didnt have major effects, i did experience a small hallucination that was partly influenced by this thread.

I was laying in bed drifting in and out of sleep when i started to hear a machine spinning up, not unlike being in a CT scanner. Whirring and growing in volume. I started to see a diffuse glowing through the ceiling above me and inwardly pictured a point of light zooming in a circle so fast that it formed a halo. The room seemed to be shaking. I immediately figured there must be a UFO above the house and felt a bit freaked out so i struggled to rouse myself from the bed but my head and arms were extremely heavy and unresponsive. Through force of will i started to move myself and noted that when i did, the whirring sound and lights abated, which reassured me that it was just the shrooms. I played with relaxing, which caused the images and sounds to return, and fighting against it again, which caused them to fade out.

Immediate theories were that maybe i was beginning to break free of the simulation and the whirring and lights was my consciousness becoming aware of the machinery that was enforcing this reality. Or that i am still dying in the ICU 10 years ago and started to regain consciousness in the OR or during a CT scan. Either way it was a fascinating and novel experience and i will be using a higher dose next time to see if i can break through. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
My mom is going thru a tough time and had a bad day so i did a reading for her and it ended up being pretty uplifting. As a tool for introspection i am really enjoying the tarot. I got the radiant rider-waite and am using its little booklet to translate

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
I was fuckin around thinking about fractals and geometry and the universe, as one does, and dug out some graph paper and doodled a bunch of pseudo-Q-Bert style cubes. I have always enjoyed how we can rotate a pile of 3d cubes and completely gently caress with our sense of orientation. Then I started to isolate patterns within the pattern, like how a 'front facing' square would repeat with a gap of 2 empty squares on the Y axis or how the snowflakes move on different axes. Anyway I am going to give it to my 8yo daughter as a "complete the pattern" kind of thing.

Then I figured there must be a free app to do it and found virtual-graph-paper.com

Pretty fun and easy way to make psychedelic inspired mandalas etc if anyone is interested

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
loving lol. How long have they been loving with us?

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
This all looks pretty fuckin real to me, but people are saying this kind of thing has been revealed to be a fraud before; if someone has a source showing similar mummies presented and scanned with CT imagery that have since been debunked then please post it.

What it looks like to me is that Mexico's govt has pre-empted the US's bumbling attempts at disclosure and presented their findings in a way specifically framed as anti-nuclear weapons, their argument being that UFOs are buzzing around and we are one mistake away from launching nukes, of which there are many thousand in the world distributed among at least 9 countries

Their new UAP footage matches the footage of the thing Iran was trying to shoot down earlier this year

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

this is the only video I can find on the subject during my own searches. is there anything that has been published in scientific journals or is this the best debunk we have? He cites a bunch of stuff written in cyrillic, for example, which I could only possibly take his word for

supposedly there were DNA tests done at lakehead university that debunk this, does anyone have a link to those reports? not sure how to find them

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Rickshaw posted:

you don't need to look at DNA just look at the drat things

if they debunked the DNA and this random youtuber can cite that fact then it should be easy to find the report

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This is the closest I've seen: https://www.livescience.com/62045-alien-mummies-explained.html

Apparently they caused a stink at the Ninth Mummy Congress, but I haven't been able to find anything on that.

i found that article quite quickly as well but it lacks any real citation, for example "A number of other researchers also believe that real human mummy parts were used to create these fakes. A dozen Peruvian mummy researchers have put out a statement condemning the practice saying that it "has violated numerous national and international norms."" where is the link to this statement? they have links peppered all throughout the article

and one of the guys they quote, Thierry Jamin, appears to also be labeled a crackpot by some folks

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Cited by that article. the mummy squad's declaration against the mummies from 6 years ago was apparently published on... facebook?
https://www.facebook.com/wcoms/posts/804089006431344:0

this other article has a bunch of arguments against the aforementioned facebook statement
https://www.the-alien-project.com/en/2018/05/02/scientists-declaration-mummies-nasca/

they are saying there is an absence of any traces of surgical manipulation. if someone *had* been sawing away at llama skulls, we should be able to see those marks in the CT pretty easily, especially considering they say they have 6 (or more?) of these supposed alien mummies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Oh, this quote helps. I used it to find this from the World Committee on Mummy Studies: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=804089006431344&set=a.182537451919839.1073741831.172532492920335

we are definitely searching the same areas. I wonder if these guys had access to the mummies or...? what were they looking at to come to their conclusions?

the pro-alien guys are saying they carbon dated the bones to the aforementioned age of 1100 years, which would rule out more modern llama skulls being manipulated, should be easily proen or disproven if we can get the carbon dating reports