Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://twitter.com/JeremyCorbell/status/1393281339525255168

rad poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/ufo-military-intelligence-60-minutes-2021-05-16/

quote:

We have tackled many strange stories on 60 Minutes, but perhaps none like this. It's the story of the U.S. government's grudging acknowledgment of unidentified aerial phenomena— UAP—more commonly known as UFOs. After decades of public denial the Pentagon now admits there's something out there, and the U.S. Senate wants to know what it is. The intelligence committee has ordered the director of national intelligence and the secretary of defense to deliver a report on the mysterious sightings by next month.
also rad poo poo, c'mon u spooks, tell me about UFOs

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

blatman posted:

probably ya but have u considered that it would be a good plot twist for late 2021

like aliens end up being real but they invented faster-than-light travel specifically to harass pre-ftl species by swooping around the atmosphere in their grainy spaceships and making crop circles by beaming little green men down to slowly flatten wheat using wooden planks before ramming into a few gps satellites in their lovely space jalopy

Naw, they're sick voyeurs turning our planet into a reality TV show
https://reddit.com/r/truehistoryofearth
b-roll should be good :munch:

Espionage drones/balloons/etc make for a simpler and likelier explanation, especially considering that would be a perfect place to observe US forces & hardware doing maneuvers. Any explanation that isn't a straight up fabrication is super interesting, imho.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Monowhatever posted:

I don't understand why a species of intelligent life, that would have had to figure out FTL travel, would waste time looking at this doomed backwater world two thirds of the way out from the galactic core.

It's an infinite universe, which means an infinite number of middle managers to give busywork to.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

The CIA and its precursors loved setting up vampire attacks in South East Asia.

They're still doing the same poo poo

that only works because people in southeast asia are stupid and superstitious and will believe ridiculous things

*posts more ufo videos*

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
looking forward to humans, having learned nothing from history, selling manhattan to aliens for a few space beads.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/40054/adversary-drones-are-spying-on-the-u-s-and-the-pentagon-acts-like-theyre-ufos

Adversary Drones Are Spying On The U.S. And The Pentagon Acts Like They're UFOs
TYLER ROGOWAY

quote:

We may not know the identities of all the mysterious craft that American military personnel and others have been seeing in the skies as of late, but I have seen more than enough to tell you that it is clear that a very terrestrial adversary is toying with us in our own backyard using relatively simple technologies—drones and balloons—and making off with what could be the biggest intelligence haul of a generation. While that may disappoint some who hope the origins of all these events are far more exotic in nature, the strategic implications of these bold operations, which have been happening for years, undeterred, are absolutely massive.

pack it up alie-lures, the adults are back in the room

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Zisky posted:

"Sure look like Chinese drones to me!" says guy on a car blog site.

looks like a dork and writes for a silly site, but he does actually do ok uap reporting all things considered :holymoley:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

BEHOLD merkabah angels ufos!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

you may be thinking of brett tingey

maaaaaaybe

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

this is both pointing towards the "we've developed secret flying saucers" hypothesis and the "bunch of spooky bastards are making up ufo stories for some... reason" hypothesis, i love it.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
curious what dumdums are saying on the teevee, here is the title to jimmy kimmel video

quote:

Biden’s Venmo Revealed, UFOs Definitely Exist & Exclusive Look at The Bachelorette Men

yeah, that's basically the level of response i would expect from the general public. hum, ok, aliens exist. interesting, what's on tomorrow night?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

TeenageArchipelago posted:

The more of these news reports that I see, the more that I am buying the take that this whole media push is just trying to get more space force funding lmao

navy wants their piece of the pie :colbert:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
son-of-the-cia & former president (not that one, the other one) talking about ufos

https://twitter.com/CrewcutYoutube/status/1394668533150359558

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

not going to lie, I'm finding some of these stories pretty fun to speculate about. Zimbabwe, the 350 or so students and teachers in Australia, all seeing wacky poo poo.

What other stories along these lines are must read for crazy content?

I like Shag Harbor, lots of witnesses that give it the vibe of something happening for sure. it feels like there is probably a 'boring' terrestrial explanation but if so, what secret aviation/space program was it??

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
lmao that'd be awesome but I'm afraid not

https://medium.com/the-true-crime-edition/the-omaha-pedophile-network-63705acd15a1

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Danger posted:

so I’ve always assumed that ufos are mainly cover for intelligence shenanigans and abduction communities and resulting cults were and are infiltrated or just built around intelligence assets. these were often used to discredit activists or other dissidents or as cover for other domestic intelligence poo poo.

wow, thats pretty hosed up of 60 minutes to do

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mecha Gojira posted:

Guess we'll find out in the next war! After all, the stealth fighters were the star of Gulf War 1 and Drones for Gulf War 2. Can't wait to see what Gulf War 3 gives us!

turns out it is chinese lanterns, sorry op

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

you're all really harshing the positive alien buzz this thread had going you know

My fav explanation for the Nimitz encounter is literally no one knows, it's by far the funniest. for what we spend on the military, we get precious little of actualized value.

Still vibing on the little green men explanation too tho, good poo poo considering the overt disclosure happening. i want the others to come clean with all the recorded WW2 foofighter footage they must have took, would be great to watch. :munch:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
one of my favorite xfiles episodes has a air force (iirc) snatch&grab fake grey crew abducted by real aliens, i haven't seen the ep in forever but i still chuckle at the idea.

edit: https://www.vidio.com/watch/260834-the-x-files-season-3-episode-20?page=7 @ 20:30 lol ALL HAIL LORD KINBOAT

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 23:57 on May 19, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
that ticking timebomb of insanity, his quest into the unknown has so warped his psyche, one shudders to think how he receives pleasures from life

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Zisky posted:

Okay so assuming it's not a psyop or an anomaly, what then?

the most interesting acceleration is recorded with the radar, and most of those crazy m/s or m/s^2 values are based on a single object going from low altitude to high altitude but there are lots of easier explanations. if they are artificial radar targets that can be enabled/disabled (say, quickly reconfigure their shape to change the response) several going on/off at the right rate would confuse the operator who would see one object displace a large distance in a short amount of time. lots of more abstract EW approaches too, ofc.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29505/the-navys-secretive-nemesis-electronic-warfare-capability-will-change-naval-combat-forever

suspiciously, none of the (official) videos show that crazy of movement to me

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the beauty is if its real, we'll just keep getting more and more solid evidence. in the soft disclosure explanation, it seems like rolling out every so slightly more convincing evidence bit-by-bit so you can "flatten" the panic curve is the approach underway :shrug: other than being hard to believe on it's face, lots of things happening appear to point that way.

Zisky posted:

The instance of a pilot being told to divert to specific coordinates and the "object" instantly disappearing and reappearing on an AEGIS radar 60 miles away at the coordinates the pilot was ordered to seems a little crazy. I mean at some point occam's razor comes into play here.

Yes, if you believe the eye-witness testimony. I feel like that is more compelling than the released videos so far and even though fravor talks a big game about how much he likes to pretend to be a UFO, i haven't seen any specific reason to doubt their claims. Most of the other things (even the cockpit photos) make more sense as spycraft, but the stuff they saw is relatively unusual based on their description.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eco2s3-0zsQ&t=2934s

this loving guy, he always gets this stupid loving grin on his face when he's loving with people... or on 60 minutes :thunk:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mola Yam posted:

what do you think thread. this is a stab at a possibility space of descriptions, not explanations (so no reasons WHY it would be one of these things)

im now convinced its hypertardigrades thanks

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
thank u mr trump for disclosure

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://www.uaptheory.com/

the breakdown of the puerto rico ufo is pretty fun, they make a reasonable guess for the effects you'd expect from a gravity drive of some kind and then inspect the video for evidence.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
alright im convinced def 100% clearly truly aliens hypertardigrades from ~*~space~*~

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1395161019832545285

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
seeing how it's being promoted by tucker carlson and marco loving rubio of all people, yes it is definitely the stupidest loving psyop of all time

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
bottom pole dark

top pole bright

species dumb like all

miscalculation with fuel

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
broke: taking duolingo to learn mandarin in order to prepare for our chinese uav overlords

woke: taking telelingo to learn telepathy to talk with aliens

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Bideo James posted:

he was black with white socks, just a lil guy too.

in the late summer of 1999 my step-father called us all out to the garden early in the morning to ask us what happened. all of our watermelons were gone. we had no idea, no one had done anything with the garden but water it the day before. it takes almost half a day to get everything so we would have noticed, or brought the melons inside. after searching nearby we found the tall grass behind a couple of shade trees had been pushed down in a large circle, which was on the other side of a barbed wire fence, past the grass was a large pond we had finally filled. within that circle was every single watermelon, hallowed out, looking like it was scooped out by human hands. some broke in half from looked like tossing/dropping, some with holes perfectly formed. not a huge mess of rinds, almost carefully eaten.

right on the edge of that circle was a pile of poo poo bigger than i had ever seen, an inhuman amount of human like poo poo. we lost a lot of peppers and a few cucumbers as well.

ya'll got a hog problem from the sounds of it lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Transcripts/Transcript/Article/2624549/pentagon-press-secretary-holds-an-off-camera-press-briefing/

quote:

Q: Thank you. CBS recently ...

MR. KIRBY: Jeff, you still there?

Q: ... recently did a -- an episode (inaudible) aliens. Hello?

MR. KIRBY: Jeff, I -- I lost you at "aliens." Actually, I lost -- "aliens" is when you came back in, so you're going to have to -- if you could, repeat your question again.

Q: Sure. 60 Minutes did an episode of unexplained aerial phenomenon. I just wanted to make sure -- well, let's talk brass tacks. Are these things aliens?

(Laughter.)

MR. KIRBY: Jeff, I -- I think you know that -- you know, that we're -- we take reports of incursions, whether they're by known aircraft or unidentified aerial phenomenon, very seriously, and the safety and security of our personnel and of our operations that they remain paramount.

So to protect our people, maintain those operations and safeguard intelligence methods, we're -- we don't publicly discuss the details of these unexplained aerial phenomenon observations or the examinations of the UAP Task Force.

We did establish that task force to gain some knowledge and insight into the nature and origins of these incursions into our training ranges and designated airspaces but -- but we're not going to get into more detail than that.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Gods_Butthole posted:

This seems pretty compelling, but my "crank poo poo" alarms start going off whenever I see people writing about quantum entanglement effects. Not that I know that they're absolutely wrong, but it's one of those topics people tend to say more about than they have a right to.

However it is compelling that they reasonably theorize a gravitational lensing effect from a gravity drive and then find corresponding visual artifacts in the footage. I'd like to see if those types of distortions and mirage show up in IR camera footage of mundane phenomena.

hard to touch this sort of subject without your crank poo poo alarms going off, but making hypothesis and then verifying them with evidence is literally science and i appreciate their approach.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Mythical Moderate posted:

I saw the Phoenix Lights. I WANT TO BELIEVE

c'mon goon, don't leave me hanging. what happened? such a weird thing and ive never been able to ask questions of someone who saw it.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

Marfa lights are one of the weirdest things I've seen, I was expecting to be like "eh whatever ots obviously headlights" but they turned out yo be genuinely strange and I couldn't make heads or tails of what they are

i have somehow never heard of this, or don't remember at least. what did it look like in person? the handful of youtube videos ive found are pretty odd, but its all vhs grainy poo poo

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

The Saucer Hovers posted:

god loving drat it if i have to sit through bluebeam

its hilarious - alien rollout is making me doubt the reality of cv19 lmao

whats even real :psyduck:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
posting is the only thing that is real

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

My experience was pretty much the same as the guy in video below except I was on the other side of valley in one of Phoenix's suburbs. Given how light polluted Phoenix is, they were easily visible from 20ish miles from downtown Phoenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvKLeaPWPyw

thats a good video, thats the stuff i remember from day of or so.

ive seen some other videos since that looked different than i remembered, and some stories talking about how there were actually two events that night but it always felt very revisionist.

Riot Bimbo posted:

Life is getting real god damned weird for sure.

No matter what happens, never let anyone take away your empathy for fellow humans, never knowingly permit the death of your soul, either literally or metaphorically depending on your beliefs, and be ready to fight and die to shield the weak against the cruel!!

If it's disinfo on this scale, it means bad poo poo is on the horizon. If it's disclosure, life's about to change forever for everyone, and is possibly an even worse outcome lol
:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

My experience was pretty much the same as the guy in video below except I was on the other side of valley in one of Phoenix's suburbs. Given how light polluted Phoenix is, they were easily visible from 20ish miles from downtown Phoenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvKLeaPWPyw

so in his video, the lights appeared to be below the mountain line. from your perspective, you'd be able to tell they weren't actually on the mountain i guess?

i gotta admit, that video does kind of look like someone is flying right-to-left dropping flares or skydivers (a new thing i see regularly now) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvKLeaPWPyw&t=47s

neat though, it takes me back and i feel like it needs narration by the unsolved mysteries guy