Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzkCmidjeHc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Bimbos with huge Bazongas

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Scores

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Paying a little extra money to customize my guy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Was thinking earlier that I appreciate that Princess Peach has only gotten hotter over the years.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Different editions from different stores that have unique content not found in the others.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

That Little Demon posted:

Bimbos with huge Bazongas

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Had a dream that Hizke and I won the Imp Zone Ultimate Invitational for Team Generations Ultimate...with some truly insane play, tightly coordinated to win the final seconds basically. After the win Hizke sent me a celebratory PM and it turns out he was a big titted goth babe and we got married lmfao. The smash hype is getting out of control for me, mentally.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lmfao again

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Different editions from different stores that have unique content not found in the others.

Buying Dr Peppers to get a gun in Mass Effect or whatever.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a big shed where you can suck men's dicks.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Games As A Service.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Upon careful review of the thread I'm going to have to change my vote to jumping

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

the presence of Cloud STrife

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
gamer girls

teppichporsche
May 11, 2019

Simply Simon posted:

Upon careful review of the thread I'm going to have to change my vote to jumping

Taking jump damage is a great gaming trend that never left

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

whenever i jump from a high height in video games my balls rise into my body and my knees feel like theyre swelling for a bit

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

whenever i jump from a high height in video games my balls rise into my body and my knees feel like theyre swelling for a bit

Same, even if I just look over the edge lol. If I played VR I would probably die

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Same, even if I just look over the edge lol. If I played VR I would probably die

i hosed up and fell off a building in y6 yesterday and the dragon engine made it look so real i almost had a panic attack lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

Same, I’ve got an irl fear of heights that doesn’t bother me in video games 95% of the time, but that other 5% of the time is a hell of a ride

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lava. a classic "yup that would understandably instantly kill my guy" death that isn't hosed up like drowning Sonic or auto scroll levels

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Idle animations

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Same, I’ve got an irl fear of heights that doesn’t bother me in video games 95% of the time, but that other 5% of the time is a hell of a ride

i dont have it 95% of the time irl but basically 100% of the time in games, no clue why

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Companion apps, so I can know my stats on the go

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

crafting, mining

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

saving your game. gotta be an all time top 10 classic for this gamer

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i dont have it 95% of the time irl but basically 100% of the time in games, no clue why

i'm the opposite, i get vertigo sometimes when i hike high up and look over the side, but heights don't bother me in video games. the dragon engine does make it look super real, though, and it's easy to just sprint over a railing by mistake, lol. i think k2 is the only one so far i've played that has falling damage.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

silent protagonists

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Enemy alertness indicators.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Sub-Actuality posted:

holding down the reset button before hitting the power button, a fumbling, formative experience in saving

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

whats the last game to use passwords to record progress?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

whats the last game to use passwords to record progress?

i looked this up and apparently it's this. it looks like there are some similar retro indie "treasures" that do it as a callback, all basically from the same people, and everything else after 1995 is either a re-release or a collection.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

fosborb posted:

holding down the reset button before hitting the power button, a fumbling, formative experience in saving

this can’t possibly qualify as a trend that never left. consoles don’t even have reset buttons anymore.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

b_d posted:

this can’t possibly qualify as a trend that never left. consoles don’t even have reset buttons anymore.

the game saving is the trend. the method has evolved

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
when there are either no politics, or the right tyupe of politics.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Shooting nazis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Bicyclops posted:

i looked this up and apparently it's this. it looks like there are some similar retro indie "treasures" that do it as a callback, all basically from the same people, and everything else after 1995 is either a re-release or a collection.
It's honestly wild to me that all the pre-PS1 Mega Men continued holding on to passwords for no reason, always such a pain in the rear end putting them in.

b_d posted:

:actually: the SNES mini has a Reset button...which you use to generate a save state