Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

herculon posted:

Boob sliders

people are always talking about these but i think the only game i ever found them in was cyberpunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

saint's row was one of those things that i just never bothered to learn what it was for whatever reason, and now it's over so why bother.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i dont have it 95% of the time irl but basically 100% of the time in games, no clue why

i'm the opposite, i get vertigo sometimes when i hike high up and look over the side, but heights don't bother me in video games. the dragon engine does make it look super real, though, and it's easy to just sprint over a railing by mistake, lol. i think k2 is the only one so far i've played that has falling damage.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

whats the last game to use passwords to record progress?

i looked this up and apparently it's this. it looks like there are some similar retro indie "treasures" that do it as a callback, all basically from the same people, and everything else after 1995 is either a re-release or a collection.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Simply Simon posted:

It's honestly wild to me that all the pre-PS1 Mega Men continued holding on to passwords for no reason, always such a pain in the rear end putting them in.

:actually: the SNES mini has a Reset button...which you use to generate a save state

i think some of it is the mega man games are so quick. the password system almost feels more like some konami code level skip more than an actual save. i don't think i've ever entered a password for mega man x, even back when i was still learning it, it just feels better to clobber chill penguin again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

i love the trend of speed upgrades or even just run buttons/toggles, and double jumps. i gotta have my double jumps!

double jumps are definitely one of my favorite mechanics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

P-Mack posted:

....AND YOU!

......me? oh. well. i. thank you, Capcom. i must say this comes as a surprise. i'd like to say a few words, just off the cuff, about my experiences working on Mega Man X *pulling out an overstuffed 3 inch binder as i clear my throat*