Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
whoa, early adopters. wonder how many copies of fantavision they picked up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kongming posted:

This was almost a year before 9/11, even.

lmao it's so good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hordes of foreigners are coming to steal our consoles!!!!

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Leadthumb posted:

The first ps2 game I owned was the bouncer.

as a lad my grandma offered to buy me a game at a target we were at and i asked for the bouncer and she said not that one because most video games have "witchcraft" and i ended up not getting anything

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol weren't there some sensationalist news stories about terrorists using ps2s to launch missiles and poo poo

There were stories of Al-qaeda using xbox live private chat to communicate online

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When I was 8 I begged my parents for a GameCube for Christmas and my dad was holding out. Not because we couldn't afford it but because all his work friends were playing GTA III and he wanted to get a PS2 so he could play it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Homeland Security better step up their game now that the PS5 is here. some terrorist decides to drop one of those out of a plane and you can say goodbye to Manhattan.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

herculon
Sep 7, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I 100% believed in Bin Laden’s hollowed out mountain fortress

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I 100% believed in Bin Laden’s hollowed out mountain fortress

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

bought a modded ps2 last year with a HDD with nearly every game on it, loads right from the hard drive. best decision in a long time

i modded mine myself

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

trying to jack off posted:

i modded mine myself

nice. it was a great investment - had to get rid of the 2 CRTs I had in a move so I need another now

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
[Wife, seeing another 300 pound TV in the house] I'm staying at my moms... we'll talk later
[me, calibrating the GunCon] see if they have code red, it's gonna be a long weekend

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lmfao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lmao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i need to hear it. 10 hours should do the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ch8Hya0VE

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i didnt get a ps2 until the end of 2006. my first games were dragon quest 8 and maximo. now i have just under a hundred ps2 games. thank you sony.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

the only time i'll say that sony was winning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

i didnt get a ps2 until the end of 2006. my first games were dragon quest 8 and maximo. now i have just under a hundred ps2 games. thank you sony.

I didn't get a ps2 until 2017 and the first game i played was also dragon quest 8.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got a PS2 in 2002 and the first games I got were GTA3, Gran Turismo 3 and FFX which are all on that graphic lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Maximo is an underrated gem, imo. That game loving kicks rear end

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the ps2 was somehow the last system of that generation i got. it was my big christmas present that year and i asked for vice city along with it and my parents got me the simpsons road rage (the crazy taxi clone). couldnt be too mad

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My mom stood in line at like 3am to get me a launch PS2 even tho I didn't ask for it since I figured they would be sold out for months. She hid it until Christmas and I got to play Madden and whatever other crap was out at launch lol, but I was still insanely happy. My mom FTMFW. I think the first game I got that got any real play time was DOA2: Hardcore