Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i was on holiday break from school and mom surprised us with a ps2. got some money for games and picked up ffx and mgs2. never had a ps1 so i got mgs1, megaman legends and 8. gamer's haze two weeks straight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

i didnt get a PS2 until 2008, but played MGS1 on the Gamecube and 2 on the PC, so playing 3 on the PS2 one million years late was an incredible experience. also got zone of the enders, they dont make fun robit games like that anymore

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My mom stood in line at like 3am to get me a launch PS2 even tho I didn't ask for it since I figured they would be sold out for months. She hid it until Christmas and I got to play Madden and whatever other crap was out at launch lol, but I was still insanely happy. My mom FTMFW. I think the first game I got that got any real play time was DOA2: Hardcore

2001 was the clutchest Christmas of all time for my mom, we were a bag cereal, no cable TV kinda family and my brother and I didn't ask for anything big or expensive because we knew we just couldn't afford it. I was probably hoping for the PS1 version of Tony Hawk 3 or something. Woke up to a PS2, Devil May Cry, MGS2, and Madden. No idea how she afforded it or what divine guidance caused her to pick those games, just an all-timer of a mom performance

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Moms ftw

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Dutchy posted:

2001 was the clutchest Christmas of all time for my mom, we were a bag cereal, no cable TV kinda family and my brother and I didn't ask for anything big or expensive because we knew we just couldn't afford it. I was probably hoping for the PS1 version of Tony Hawk 3 or something. Woke up to a PS2, Devil May Cry, MGS2, and Madden. No idea how she afforded it or what divine guidance caused her to pick those games, just an all-timer of a mom performance

Bless

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Roth posted:

Moms ftw

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Maximo is an underrated gem, imo. That game loving kicks rear end

i loved it a lot. real overlooked title.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Roth posted:

Moms ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Roth posted:

Moms ftw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Roth posted:

Moms ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Roth posted:

Moms ftw
This but for different reasons. :twisted:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Dutchy posted:

cool

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

American McGay posted:

:staredog:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I bought my PS2 myself with the first paycheck from my summer job when I was 16, shredding old documents for my dad’s union. The guy I worked for later went to jail for embezzling money. Anyway thanks dude

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I bought my PS2 myself with the first paycheck from my summer job when I was 16, shredding old documents for my dad’s union. The guy I worked for later went to jail for embezzling money. Anyway thanks dude

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My first PS2 broke when my dumbass cousin borrowed it for a week. I was right in the middle of discovering how crazy the library was and playing tons of games like MGS3 for the first time so I kept telling my dad that I needed a PS2 and he always responded with "I need to Pee S, too." He eventually got me a slim lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Ace Combat 4 hell yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scored 300 bucks for letting some guys past my security terminal ftw, gamecube here i come. allahu akbar indeed

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
i remember standing in line for ps2 launch with my grandpa who brought lawn chairs outside, got ps2 tekken tag and ssx... and they let me take off school the next day lol... one of the most epic gamer moments I ever had

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Fungah! posted:

scored 300 bucks for letting some guys past my security terminal ftw, gamecube here i come. allahu akbar indeed

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was always a gen late since my fam was poor and the first time I saw a ps2 was at a friends in 5th grade.

a kid brought it over and hooked it up to the tv, he loaded up gta3 and started walking around the city and we were all gushing about how cool it was. my friends mom walked in and said "oh wow that looks great! much better than the n64" and the kid goes "yeah! check this out" and he pulls out a baseball bat and kills a prostitute and the mom started shrieking "NOO! NO VIOLENCE! OH MY GOD" and panic ripped the ps2 out of the tv and electrical socket, yelled at all of us forever.

she had everyone get picked up immediately and she was telling my mom about it in a nervous trembling tangent with a cigarette in her mouth like we all just experienced colombine. my mom said "oye puta te falta uno o tres tornillos? son juegos!" I never went to their place again.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

SSX.. god drat, now that was a videogame

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

extremebuff posted:

i was always a gen late since my fam was poor and the first time I saw a ps2 was at a friends in 5th grade.

a kid brought it over and hooked it up to the tv, he loaded up gta3 and started walking around the city and we were all gushing about how cool it was. my friends mom walked in and said "oh wow that looks great! much better than the n64" and the kid goes "yeah! check this out" and he pulls out a baseball bat and kills a prostitute and the mom started shrieking "NOO! NO VIOLENCE! OH MY GOD" and panic ripped the ps2 out of the tv and electrical socket, yelled at all of us forever.

she had everyone get picked up immediately and she was telling my mom about it in a nervous trembling tangent with a cigarette in her mouth like we all just experienced colombine. my mom said "oye puta te falta uno o tres tornillos? son juegos!" I never went to their place again.

lol reminds me of the time I got yelled at by a friend's mom for bringing unchristian material into their house cuz I brought over EVO: Search for Eden

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

One time me & my friends stayed at the new kids house for a sleepover and he bragged about having a movie with a naked lady in it so we begged him to show us and it was a lady in a swimsuit.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

SSX.. god drat, now that was a videogame

Was just playing 3 recently. Incredible still

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Hard to believe how powerful this gen was

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

This reminds me of the time my sister in law's father walked around at a mother's day celebration saying "Happy mother's day!" to all the moms and "happy motherfuckers day!" to all the dads in a really loud voice

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

This reminds me of the time my sister in law's father walked around at a mother's day celebration saying "Happy mother's day!" to all the moms and "happy motherfuckers day!" to all the dads in a really loud voice

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Based

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My big fat PS2 broke down one day and I was heartbroken over it. Just visibly forlorn every day, not being able to play Metal Gear or San Andreas or Guitar Hero 2. One day I came home from school and my mom yelled at me and told me to go to my room for the rest of the night for some vague, unspecified crime I had committed. I went to my room and my mom had gotten me a PS2 Slim, McDonalds, and a new box fan. Mom owns love my mom.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

One time me & my friends stayed at the new kids house for a sleepover and he bragged about having a movie with a naked lady in it so we begged him to show us and it was a lady in a swimsuit.

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

One time I went to a sleepover when I was 9 and we watched Demolition Man and the X-Files episode from the first season where an AI starts killing people in an office building. For some reason the scene where Scully almost got sucked into a giant fan terrified me and gave me nightmares for weeks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NienNunb posted:

My big fat PS2 broke down one day and I was heartbroken over it. Just visibly forlorn every day, not being able to play Metal Gear or San Andreas or Guitar Hero 2. One day I came home from school and my mom yelled at me and told me to go to my room for the rest of the night for some vague, unspecified crime I had committed. I went to my room and my mom had gotten me a PS2 Slim, McDonalds, and a new box fan. Mom owns love my mom.

gently caress yeah.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there is no better combo than summer heat + box fan pointed at nuts + a PS2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

NienNunb posted:

Blessed.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

NienNunb posted:

Awesome

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Summer 2002 my dad set up an extension cord+small TV next to our pool to watch some baseball with friends and when they all went inside I grabbed a second extension cord and set up the GameCube and spent the rest of the day floating along the side the pool playing Super Mario Sunshine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

NienNunb posted:

:)