Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Ball Tazeman posted:

I’m also still getting used to the train right behind our neighborhood. It’s very loud initially and I’m super sensitive to it, but the cars following it are fairly quiet and I kind of enjoy them. It shakes the house and that sometimes scares me.

As someone who lives in a house right next to the railroad: Just try to not worry about it. You'll start tuning it out real fast and the only time it will bother you is when some rear end in a top hat driver lays on the horn at 3AM. My house isn't terribly old but if my janky-rear end early 70's home hasn't fallen over from the trains your house will be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Ball Tazeman posted:

Yeah it’s gas. I think it’s just finicky about starting. Whenever I try to start it I accidentally flood the thing.

That sounds like it's working as intended. I've never been able to just pull start a whacker without babying the thing. In an unrelated note, I don't think I've ever used a weed whacker less than fifteen years old.