Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Bookmarking this to catch up on later, but popping in now to say I'm glad to see you back. I know you were nervous about tying up the general home thread, and I got worried you'd gone radio silent. I haven't been actively checking HCH for very long, but can definitely say everyone here is either very experienced and happy to help or looking to learn from your experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Ball Tazeman posted:

We went ahead and are trying out a new mouse trap.

:3: That's a good looking mousetrap.

I have a similar model, and, as a word of warning, don't be surprised if it tends to maim and play with the mice it finds instead of outright killing them. Also probably goes without saying, but make sure any of your old mouse traps aren't still active in areas the new one can access.

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 22, 2021

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

fwiw, I'll echo everyone else who has said you have a solid hold on all this. Problems identified, but nothing critical that needs attention yesterday. I know it sucks seeing it all every day, but getting it all addressed is a marathon, not a sprint.

I'm a bit biased and nostalgic after having our 17 year old kitty put down a couple months ago, but I don't think you're going to regret a single second you put into getting to know that kitten instead of sweating in the yard. Not to say they're always easy (ask me about ours breaking a loving mirror six hours before my alarm to go to the airport and leave for a week), but a year from now that kitten will be a full grown cat who you'll be happy to see when you get home from a stressful day at work.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Ball Tazeman posted:

This is a kitten thread now

:five:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Ball Tazeman posted:

Couldn’t sleep because I swear I kept hearing mice in the bedroom. Also This morning J found out that -somehow- the kitten managed to pull all the steel wool out of the baseboard radiators that we had placed to keep the mice from coming upstairs.

I'm sorry, but it's very funny the kitten is actually taking steps to make your mouse problem worse.