Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Ball Tazeman posted:

So it’s been a minute since I updated

Cat is very good and we are inseparable, made for each other.

We finally finished the porch after a month or more

And the city came and removed a dying tree from the front yard

Not sure what to do about this stump on the easement though…

I bought some nicer click in vinyl flooring to replace all the carpeted areas, although I forgot about the closets, so I’ll have to buy a couple more boxes. That will be a project I pick away at, starting with the hallway.

In not so great news, our bathroom drains keep clogging and a snake isn’t doing it. Tomorrow we replace the iron traps with pvc and try to diagnose a little better. The toilet is also actively leaking and I think we have to replace the wax seal. Before, we thought it was a previous leak that had sunk the floor and broken the tile (because that’s what our inspector said) but I noticed the grout getting wet around the toilet. This, well, loving blows. I was not prepared for this project to come up and I’m not looking forward to it. I would rather hire it out but, well, poor. I wouldn’t have gotten the flooring or cat had I known we had to do the bathroom stuff sooner due to active water leaks. Thus is life.

I also started getting dizzy/headaches every time the heat comes on?? I don’t know if it’s coincidence or what just because of the time of day that the heat kicks on, but I feel like poo poo every evening when the heat is going. We have gas powered baseboard radiators, so the only gas would be at the furnace downstairs. I would smell natural gas and we have a fancy CO monitor that has never gone off. Maybe I’m crazy, it worries me a bit though.

If all your bathroom fixtures are clogging/backing up, I'd guess it's likely a clog in your drainage line. That happened to me last year; the clog was caused by some roots outside the house and required a plumber to come out and A) clear the line, and B) install a cleanout (basically a vertical port that sticks up above ground) in the line. You may or may not have one already; if you do, it should make for a faster/easier/cheaper fix.

You're dong a good job working on the house! It can be a tiresome, demoralizing slog trying to keep up with all the little things that keep cropping up (not to mention the big things), but if it makes the place more livable for yourself, the effort is worth it.

edit: as for the stump, if the city took out the tree, hopefully they might return to grind out the stump at some point. If not, you may need to rent out a stump grinder and do it yourself. But find out what if anything the city is going to do about it first.

Meaty Ore fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU