Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Ball Tazeman posted:

Today was not a good house day. I’m feeling really trapped. Found out there are still mice and they have been hanging out, making GBS threads and leaving seed husks in my vanity. We were woke up by the sound of them in the bedroom the other night and optimistically wrote it off as house sounds. Nah they’re in the office and bedroom now. I’m just tired of it. I was just starting to get comfortable, but at this point I’m just exhausted. I switched to working nights and it sucks. My coworkers have constant outward disdain for me. I turned 30 a few days ago and it was just really really sad.

Reading your thread and cheering you on. We had mice when we bought our house (in West GA) that would nibble our fruit in the middle of the night and poo poo on our counter. Very frustrating. We tried humane traps and caught a few and released them in the woods, then snap traps. After six months we still couldn't leave fruit out.

They went away when we started feeding the neighborhood feral cats. The cats took care of the mice - one even delivered me a mouse carcass early before I left for work once. If you have any neighborhood cats it might be worth leaving some cat food out for them and inviting them into your yard.

We also had them in our crawl space, so not sure how relevant this might be for you, but who knows!

edit I see you got a cat. Should have read more before replying, lol. You're doing great - home ownership is the best worst thing.

skylined! fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU