Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Ball Tazeman posted:

My brain is just bouncing around right now. Should we do flooring first so that we no longer have to deal with the lovely carpet? What about the window install? It would be nice to have a decent front window for winter but it’s going to be very expensive. But also I want the stinky carpet out so I can use the office and the subfloor isn’t nice enough to just yank it up without a replacement. I’m at a stalemate with renovations now and I hate it.

You can always cover the window in plastic and then put a big blackout curtain in front of it to keep the the heat in, gross flooring seems more important for peace of mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
As I recall, paint is bad for brick because it's a material that's intended to be permeable to moisture, and if you paint one side of it it's basically impossible for moisture to move through the brick. If you want to color it, some form of limewash is definitely the move.