Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

It is pretty crappy when I do a job, then realise I messed up and will have to do some work to undo it, then do the job again right this time. But I can take comfort that I won't make that mistake again.

The only thing I can recommend is to bring it back to square one as soon as possible.

For example, I fubared some door trim and it haunts me everyday because I haven't taken it off and fixed it. It causes psychic damage every time I use that room. Other mistakes I have made (too many to list) but where I have not run from the problem and at least undone it so I can redo the job aren't as distressing.

So when you feel up to it I would take a scraper to the trim, take off all the paint that doesn't stick and clean it up. It doesn't have to look great, but taking off the bad paint will mean that it isn't causing you damage, and instead of beating yourself up about it you can think about moving forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

You have to co exist with nature, don't have to co habit. Hopefully the critters will get the message. Good looking garden, sweat helps the grass grow!

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Nice job on the bushes! I have seen that video of a guy destroying his rear window pulling out a stump too many times to be brave enough to try that.

Also if the smell is bad check what the subfloor is like, if it is ok I would just rip up the carpets and live like that for a while then get carpet when you can.

CancerCakes fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 12, 2021