Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

devicenull posted:

For flooring - we ended up buying from these people. It was a pretty good deal, we a big order of a discontinued style for pretty cheap. Sure, we can never buy it again, but we got a couple extra boxes just in case!

For the smell - have you tried anything like Nature's Miracle yet? From the sounds of it it's going to be very soaked in, but you might have some success if you can soak the existing carpet/padding in it.

I'd also consider treating the subfloor with it once you pull up the carpet, and also consider putting some sort of odor blocking primer on the floor before you put anything on top of it.

When we started pulling up our carpets, we just bought some cheap area rugs (there's a place near us that's sells them for cheap... they totally aren't falling off the back of a truck and the money ending up in the guys pocket....) and just lived with those until we could get the flooring in. Area rugs on bare concrete was way better then the existing carpet, and it sounds like your carpet is in significantly worse shape!

Eco 88 is even better, recommended by my veterinarian friend. Give it multiple treatments and let it sit for literal days. It took 3 days, but it got cat piss out of my brand new sofa, lucky for the pisser. It's on Amazon, probably available other places too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU