Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Bubba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Dr. Capco posted:

This course is going to be an absolute beast if the weather is even a bit rough. 7850 yards plus some guaranteed windy stretches is crazy.

From some of the videos on social media the wind is already crazy and this course is going to be a beast. I’d imagine the winner to be close to par, there aren’t going to be any crazy scores this week.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

They were released may 17th on Nike for $220. So now you’ll have to pay $300+ for them. StockX has a bunch though.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Bryson just hit a pitching wedge 194 yards. What in the holy gently caress

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Phil got lucky going out before the wind really picked up. He might be the clubhouse leader after today.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

This Phil guy might have a shot!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Oh no Phil!

Be funny if he turned to Louie and is like, breakfast ball? Lol

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

What a horrible camera angle for that shot from Phil

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

As much as it’d be cool to see Phil, I don’t think he can hold off Major Brooks tomorrow.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

If it's a bunker, that's a hazard.
No touchy.

If it's sand because "the course is on a drat beach, there's sand there", touchy.

Except specifically at this course the entire course is considered sandy areas and you can ground your club in them, as in, there are no bunkers on this course.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Did they state that?
Because earlier someone hit it out to the side and was grounding and they said 'in natural areas on the course you can do this' specifically, but Phil never touched sand on his last shot that was in an actual bunker

Yes

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-championship-2021-local-rule-sandy-areas-ocean-course-kiawah-island-no-bunkers

Yes, there’s sand as far as the eye can see on the Pete Dye brute—the course is hard by the Atlantic Ocean—but PGA of America officials have deemed that all areas around the course that have sand are to be defined as “sandy areas” rather than bunkers.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

No one needed to.

A fan who knows the rules and is cheering for Phil could sure SAY they did though couldn't they?

Ya, and you can’t tell me they didn’t have a camera on that ball at all times.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Man Brooks just doesn’t look on today.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Phil’s got it.

Brooks knee has to be bothering him, he didn’t look comfortable at all today.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

He already was? Unless you're bringing up 19th century players and who knows what counts then.

edit: I'm saying he's probably 9 or 10 right now, and I don't think this win really moves him down much farther.

Ya Phil was already a top 10 all time PGA pro. 9th in total wins all time and 5 (soon to be 6) Majors.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

A playoff would be amazing. Golfing god make it happen.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ya gently caress all those stupid people running up there.

Edit: Jesus he can’t even get to the green.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

They need to bring in more security ASAP before he finishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Payments sent to both. Sorry for taking so long, major golive at work has consumed my life all week.