Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MATA NE - HANA KIMURA MEMORIAL MATCH
May 23rd 11:00am JST | May 23rd 3:00am BST | May 22nd 10:00pm EST | May 22nd 7:00pm EST

Watch LIVE on FITE.tv for $14.99 with English commentary from Ian Riccaboni, Fumi Saito and Cheeseburger
Watch LIVE on Tiget for ¥1500 with Japanese commentary from Haruo Murata, Ken Suzuki, Takashi Sasaki and Fuka

One year ago, the wrestling world was rocked by the tragic death of Hana Kimura. This weekend on the anniversary of her death, those who were closest to her have come together to organise a tribute show that they have invited all around the world who cared for her to attend, either live in person or via live PPV presented in both English or Japanese. All proceeds from the event will go towards Kyoko Kimura's ongoing legal battles to bring those responsible to justice and to charities to help the victims of cyber abuse. If you are able to, please consider watching the PPV either on FITE or on Tiget. Both platforms will include VOD for those who are not able to watch it live.

The card will remain a mystery to the day with participants announced via entrance music and will consist of three matches and a memorial service. The first match will be produced by the Okinawan pro wrestlers that Hana grew up among, the second match will be a timed entry battle royal and the main event will be a multi-person tag match.

Among the announced wrestlers are Hana's best friend Asuka (better known as VENY in the west), Kagetsu, her mentor who retired shortly before her death, Mika Iwata, her early rival, and Konami, her faction mate in Tokyo Cyber Squad. For a full list of announced wrestlers, please check the official website.

For official merchandise, please check
Hana Kimura's official Pro Wrestling Tees storefront
BUNGA BUNGA (delivery within Japan only)

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

feeling sad. hope the show goes really well. Thanks for the nice OP

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fumi saito isnt doing commentary due to time zone issues apparently

gonna get at least two of the haoming shirts when they go up for mail order

https://twitter.com/mm85adKcZDBeliQ/status/1392185612917039104

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Really looking forward to this. It'll be a nice way to celebrate Hana's life instead of focusing on her death.

It's really touching that so many people cared about her. If Kyoko wants it, I hope this becomes an annual event and even more of her friends/fellow wrestlers can participate in the future.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/mm85adKcZDBeliQ/status/1395172111505838081?s=20

There are 10 more people in addition to those who have been announced so far!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've had my fingers crossed for a surprise Hazuki appearance and only now am I going to dare to say it

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

didn't realize this was being streamed at a reasonable price. will be very sad but i'm gonna watch and it's impossible to think of a show i'd feel like more of a piece of poo poo for pirating

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Didn't knew Ian Riccaboni and Cheeseburger doing English commentary. That's really cool, since they have brief history with Hana.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I've had my fingers crossed for a surprise Hazuki appearance and only now am I going to dare to say it

I will dare to dream, since Kagetsu is there and it's a non-Stardom event.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/mm85adKcZDBeliQ/status/1395643104229675014?s=19

There will be a dance performance. They were a group that Hana really liked when Fuka had them perform at one of her self-produced shows.

FatBagzJones posted:

Didn't knew Ian Riccaboni and Cheeseburger doing English commentary. That's really cool, since they have brief history with Hana.

Cheeseburger used to get dinner with the Kimuras every time NJPW brought him over so it's really nice he gets to be involved.

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Cheeseburger used to get dinner with the Kimuras every time NJPW brought him over so it's really nice he gets to be involved.

Yeah I remember seeing photo off Cheeseburger and Hana traveling in car together, I assume it's from the time Hana came to States for ROH show.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

GWB are you going to the show?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, I'm going. I probably shouldn't with the SOE but I'll make an exception for this one

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/mm85adKcZDBeliQ/status/1395738662407602181?s=19

There will be a live performance of FloÜrish's entrance theme (Hana and Asuka's tag team)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just got to Korakuen. Was considering trying to get one of the signed Hana/Kagetsu photos they're selling but the merch queue is already insane

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

is this earlier than most afternoon korakuen shows or does it just feel that way to me because of daylight savings in the us. i went to one afternoon slot show for all japan and i know i wasn't at the place at 9:30 am

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Doors don't open until 10:30 am but yeah, it's a pretty early start.

Matches don't start until 11:30 which is fairly normal.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The little kid who dresses up as Hana is here in full costume

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

The display of her gear was so cool.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
is anyone else getting a wicked echo on the english stream?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm really enjoying Ian and Cheeseburger's commentary so far, they're doing a good job of setting the stage.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

hazuki coming back for this has made this a less sad show than i feared. nice that she can end her career on a better note after what happened in stardom

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Are you getting this weird DJ set on the stream?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I heard Taylor Swift.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sound is distant but yes!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

can barely hear it but they 're showing it and talked about yamamura's early retirement due to injury

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh good, I didn't miss it. Never really got to see much of Hana Kimura sadly but I am glad they were still able to run this event despite the State of Emergency.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

It was mentioned that this dj was one of hanas favorite which is why he is there

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

It was mentioned that this dj was one of hanas favorite which is why he is there

It's that guy from Dragon Gate who had to retire

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

lmao the Macarena

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
omg that echo sounds terrible

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

he was a top prospect in dragon gate who suffered a severe cervical injury. he left with cima during the split and mounted an ill advised comeback in w-1 with stronghearts before getting injured again. he's now a dj and fortunately seems to be able to live normally at least

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The echoing is happening at the venue too btw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I was just about to ask about that. poo poo, it's really bad.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

that's a bummer, at least the wrestling doesn't need mics

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

They can fix the audio during the show right?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

KYONA

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

YES SIR

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
this show is lit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I feel like the echo wasn’t an issue during the DJ set, wonder if it’s a problem with the ring mic itself