Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MATA NE - HANA KIMURA MEMORIAL MATCH
May 23rd 11:00am JST | May 23rd 3:00am BST | May 22nd 10:00pm EST | May 22nd 7:00pm EST

Watch LIVE on FITE.tv for $14.99 with English commentary from Ian Riccaboni, Fumi Saito and Cheeseburger
Watch LIVE on Tiget for ¥1500 with Japanese commentary from Haruo Murata, Ken Suzuki, Takashi Sasaki and Fuka

One year ago, the wrestling world was rocked by the tragic death of Hana Kimura. This weekend on the anniversary of her death, those who were closest to her have come together to organise a tribute show that they have invited all around the world who cared for her to attend, either live in person or via live PPV presented in both English or Japanese. All proceeds from the event will go towards Kyoko Kimura's ongoing legal battles to bring those responsible to justice and to charities to help the victims of cyber abuse. If you are able to, please consider watching the PPV either on FITE or on Tiget. Both platforms will include VOD for those who are not able to watch it live.

The card will remain a mystery to the day with participants announced via entrance music and will consist of three matches and a memorial service. The first match will be produced by the Okinawan pro wrestlers that Hana grew up among, the second match will be a timed entry battle royal and the main event will be a multi-person tag match.

Among the announced wrestlers are Hana's best friend Asuka (better known as VENY in the west), Kagetsu, her mentor who retired shortly before her death, Mika Iwata, her early rival, and Konami, her faction mate in Tokyo Cyber Squad. For a full list of announced wrestlers, please check the official website.

For official merchandise, please check
Hana Kimura's official Pro Wrestling Tees storefront
BUNGA BUNGA (delivery within Japan only)

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've had my fingers crossed for a surprise Hazuki appearance and only now am I going to dare to say it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/mm85adKcZDBeliQ/status/1395643104229675014?s=19

There will be a dance performance. They were a group that Hana really liked when Fuka had them perform at one of her self-produced shows.

FatBagzJones posted:

Didn't knew Ian Riccaboni and Cheeseburger doing English commentary. That's really cool, since they have brief history with Hana.

Cheeseburger used to get dinner with the Kimuras every time NJPW brought him over so it's really nice he gets to be involved.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yeah, I'm going. I probably shouldn't with the SOE but I'll make an exception for this one

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/mm85adKcZDBeliQ/status/1395738662407602181?s=19

There will be a live performance of FloÜrish's entrance theme (Hana and Asuka's tag team)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just got to Korakuen. Was considering trying to get one of the signed Hana/Kagetsu photos they're selling but the merch queue is already insane

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Doors don't open until 10:30 am but yeah, it's a pretty early start.

Matches don't start until 11:30 which is fairly normal.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The little kid who dresses up as Hana is here in full costume

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Are you getting this weird DJ set on the stream?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

It was mentioned that this dj was one of hanas favorite which is why he is there

It's that guy from Dragon Gate who had to retire

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The echoing is happening at the venue too btw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

lmao I loved that guy, he was like a WWE games CAW with all the big finishing moves as transitions.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Man I really, really dug that match, and I don't think I've seen any of these guys before.

Shota shows up in DDT a bit

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I almost made it through the show without breaking down but the ring announcer cracking when trying to announce her death date got me.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I loved when Asuka asked for the main event and the referee suggested a three minute time limit and she was like gently caress that, no time limit

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/mm85adKcZDBeliQ/status/1396714291860938759?s=19

People are already uploading pirate copies...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

at least buy a shirt afterwards, please and thank you.

A shirt is like twice the price of the show!