Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What's your dream job? Mine is writing software at Playboy and showing all the babes the cool computer code that I write.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my dream job is to sit/stand around and do whatever I want and get a big paycheck.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

mine is to escape wage slavery

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

working at nintendo and telling my friends about all the latest marios

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Bloody posted:

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Bloody posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

travel the world eating extremely weird cheeses and taking cool cloud pictures with a $12000 hasselblad

not sure how I'd get paid from that but it's what I want

matti
Mar 31, 2019

freelance meteorologist

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i work like 27 minutes a day and get paid hilarious sums for it. my soul is empty and i know i am merely filling the coffers of the rich, but the scraps they allow to fall to me are large and savory. i am comfortable where i am.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
goose shooter

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

goose revenger

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

goose vendetta referee

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i would also accept a job punching sea gulls

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
gardening

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

rotor posted:

i would also accept a job punching sea gulls

goose neck-wringer

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
tinker with different programming languages without doing anything of consequence with them

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Bloody posted:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
telling people that their ideas are stupid

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i want my own flying boat and then i can just fly around the world looking for people in need kind of like in tailspin.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
more realistically, someone should pay me to write an os from scratch. I’ll probably never finish or even have something usable, but I’ll have fun doing it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
I’ll pay you like ten bux or w/e

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i would get bored with just one role
so i need a high paid job as a combination dog petter and nap taker

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i work like 27 minutes a day and get paid hilarious sums for it. my soul is empty and i know i am merely filling the coffers of the rich, but the scraps they allow to fall to me are large and savory. i am comfortable where i am.

same

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

What's your dream job? Mine is writing software at Playboy and showing all the babes the cool computer code that I write.

my dream is to be a playboy bunny with a cool coder friend at work who shows me all the really interesting stuff he’s working on. he’s so clever!

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

probably farming but not involving animals

so like an apple orchard or vineyard or something

it'd be nice to produce something of value for once

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

how’s the checking account these days

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Same as I'm doing but without the imposter syndrome thanks

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

patroling national parks and doing gently caress all besides lots of walking

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

RustyKnight posted:

patroling national parks and doing gently caress all besides lots of walking

i'd like to this and get paid lots of money for it please. also insurance for if my knees go out. and a little zapper for zapping people who litter/leave their dog poo poo behind

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

serious post I think I would like to be a full time dad, invest in stocks and poo poo (whatever would give me a pretty low effort/passive income), and contribute to open sores. that is my dream. i suck

If I didn't have family commitments I would probably travel 6+ months of the year and do some kind of contracting work that enabled that lifestyle

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’m liking work from home dad life, and my job is pretty low stress and pays me well. I’d like to have more interesting projects instead of cleaning up the pile of poo poo I’ve inherited.

President Beep posted:

I’ll pay you like ten bux or w/e

sounds good. where do I apply?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

"Senior Fellow" or whatever the hell it's called where you're an expert and you don't work that much but people listen to what you have to say and respect you, with ample paid sabbaticals. Choice of conferences in exotic locations. Seasonal side gig leading a trail maintenance team in the region near the secluded vacation cabin. Making nice furniture by hand and selling to a local consignment shop for extra cash when the mood suits me.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

pro himbo

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

foreman at the dick sucking factory

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

ho fan posted:

foreman at the dick sucking factory

you just like to watch?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

you know that comeback where you're like "i dont come down to your job and tell you how to suck dicks?" well,

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

The Management posted:

you just like to watch?
i’m assuming they also want to occasionally get in there and show them how it’s really done

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
let me tell you, your jaw will get pretty tired after the fourth or fifth 'job

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
something creative and ideally multidisciplinary (like rodtronics), but also it's something people want you to make (unlike rodtronics) and something people are happy to pay me for (the absolutely antithesis of rodtronics)

one thing that always sucks about work is that for most jobs people don't want to give you money. your boss would rather you worked for free and in my line of work currently also people that come in don't want to spend money on drugs.

but imagine some artists who do commissions from happy customers.. they have people that want to give them money... I want to know what thats like :qq: imagine you're a great photographer and sexy men come to you and say "can I please give you mone so you can take photo of me??" and maybe even a woman ask

also imagine working on the creative team of some big music festival or band, putting together the stage show. making decisions. giving people an amazing experience. this would be the best

being a youtuber like mark rober

be jimi hendrix?

so many people have great jobs and I am sure all of them are harder than they look, but its possible to work a job where you can be creative, solve problems, have people give you money without resent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

hell yeah brother