Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
fast riser at the dick sucking factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
i wish to be a moderator of the something awful forums

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hell, the money raking owner

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Maybe do wood working all day. Well not all day I'd get tired, maybe 4 hours or even 2. I only wanna do stuff I'm interested in too no commissions. Also I would have a really well equipped shop that no one else uses, with a dust free chill area when I want to take a break. It would be next to my home, so I could walk next door to it, and it would be rural so I have lots of space to relax, but also near a train stop that takes me right to downtown when I want to go out. No one else rides the train and there are no other stops.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
my dream job is to be the caretaker at super man’s fortress of solitude or maybe the overlook hotel.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dream job is lead product designer at energy drink company

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
“it’s not extreme enough” I yell as I kick the interns chair over after he shows me a mock-up of their latest idea.

“I said I wanted dennis rodman as a spokesman not dennis quaid”

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

ADINSX posted:

Maybe do wood working all day. Well not all day I'd get tired, maybe 4 hours or even 2. I only wanna do stuff I'm interested in too no commissions. Also I would have a really well equipped shop that no one else uses, with a dust free chill area when I want to take a break. It would be next to my home, so I could walk next door to it, and it would be rural so I have lots of space to relax, but also near a train stop that takes me right to downtown when I want to go out. No one else rides the train and there are no other stops.

its the relentless monetization that spoils everything.

I used to love writing code. I hate it now, and now i love woodworking but I would never do it for a living because I know just like God made little green apples that as soon as I had a loving customer that my love for woodworking would start to die.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
professional cat holder

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I could repair and drive old porsches. someone pay me to do that.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

"Senior Fellow" or whatever the hell it's called where you're an expert and you don't work that much but people listen to what you have to say and respect you, with ample paid sabbaticals. Choice of conferences in exotic locations. Seasonal side gig leading a trail maintenance team in the region near the secluded vacation cabin. Making nice furniture by hand and selling to a local consignment shop for extra cash when the mood suits me.

we have this dude called james hamilton who lives on a boat and is a total badass engineer and seems to just focus on poo poo he likes.

here he is going jonny290 about batteries and poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hC490NTIJM&t=134s

here he is jazzing about ARM from his boat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNqRvP6Xvrw

here he is talking about big networks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj7Ting6Ckk

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

i work like 27 minutes a day and get paid hilarious sums for it. my soul is empty and i know i am merely filling the coffers of the rich, but the scraps they allow to fall to me are large and savory. i am comfortable where i am.

hello me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Bored Online posted:

professional cat holder

same but professional rat scolder

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Gentle Autist posted:

we have this dude called james hamilton who lives on a boat and is a total badass engineer and seems to just focus on poo poo he likes.

here he is going jonny290 about batteries and poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hC490NTIJM&t=134s

here he is jazzing about ARM from his boat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNqRvP6Xvrw

here he is talking about big networks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj7Ting6Ckk

he looks like nick nolte

or that dude whos the poor mans nick nolte

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gary bussey?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

drat he got that gary bussy

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

The Management posted:

I could repair and drive old porsches. someone pay me to do that.

yeah I'd love to do something with cars and road racing.

or hell actually, boxer but no risk of death or permanent injury that would be a dream. but like obviously that changes the dynamic of how you would fight so I don't know if it would be the same.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i had a nick nolte / shaq poster for blue chips on my wall as a kid despite never seeing the movie, because i really liked nick nolte

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

yeah lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. i was just joking.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
but he is a poor mans nick nolte isnt he

its like if you wanted the dwayne johnsone to star in your next film but you could only afford sinbad

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

well i guess he’s a poor man’s maniac nick nolte, yes.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
in a way, I already work my dream job, would be nice if it paid more though

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A second-hand book-seller. Despite what newspapers (:ironicat:) have been saying for yearsdecades it's a decent living if you're in a city and know what's what.

e: There's a old book shop owner I follow on Facebook and he says the media keep wanting to interview him about how books and second-hand books in general are dying and he's always like "the gently caress I just opened two new locations and got a new warehouse lol??"

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 10:06 on May 25, 2021

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A second-hand book-seller. Despite what newspapers (:ironicat:) have been saying for yearsdecades it's a decent living if you're in a city and know what's what.

e: There's a old book shop owner I follow on Facebook and he says the media keep wanting to interview him about how books and second-hand books in general are dying and he's always like "the gently caress I just opened two new locations and got a new warehouse lol??"

Have you thought about opening a competitor to his shop, but online?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

knox_harrington posted:

Have you thought about opening a competitor to his shop, but online?

They all also sell on-line. But there's a good overlap between "people who like to buy books" and "people who like to be able to walk into a shop to buy things".

matti
Mar 31, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They all also sell on-line. But there's a good overlap between "people who like to buy books" and "people who like to be able to walk into a shop to buy things".

have you been to the laukontori (tre) antiquarium? that's my "uz"

matti
Mar 31, 2019

these days though i mostly just buy 20 cent the phantom magazines from the 80s

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

matti posted:

have you been to the laukontori (tre) antiquarium? that's my "uz"

I haven't been to Tampere since like 1996.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i know its a literal hour and 45 minutes by train

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

yeah i could get behind this, would be very nice if you could make it sustainable

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

black books is a good show.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

black books is a good show.

:wrong:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol manny ate some bees

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

computer programmer.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I did a photo shoot on the weekend which is the first step toward my dream job which is taking photos of people

well it’s a part of my dream job, which also includes busking and graphic design

I’m not good at anything though that’s the problem.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you don’t have to be good, you just have to be better than most people.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
my dream job? billionaire hunter (part time)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dream job is doing something that I give a poo poo about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
My dream job would be working on a deus ex machina solution to global warming like those iron-catalyzed algae blooms

And getting paid through the nose for it