Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Achmed Jones posted:

oh nothing specific, it's just that every time i do something i love for money it rather quickly becomes just a job. happened with hacker poo poo, happened with teaching. didn't happen quite as much or as quickly with the research side of my discipline but it was still palpably occurring.

lol this drives me nuts about people telling me to open a restaurant. like i enjoy cooking go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

RokosCockatrice posted:

I imagine working a pharmacy is the drug equivalent of tending bar at one of those 200 beers on tap places

yeah but i don’t get any fun samples at a pharmacy

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ultravoices posted:

collecting scraps from global capitalism for low effort so that i can have a nice comfy experience seems fine.

if only i could turn down the screaming anxiety that i'm not doing enough or being enough.

therapy can help with this