Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
when i was a little kid i wanted to know all about how everything in computer worked.

be careful what you wish for!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
the main accomplishment of my career has been having an electrical engineering job where i don’t work for a BAE or Lockheed type company that directly makes equipment for blowing up people.

its just computers tho so it could end up in some military system, but that’s not the product I am designing.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

echinopsis posted:

I think the problem is that it’s not intellectually stimulating at all. no problem solving, except pain the rear end problems (and these are more problems related to being a manager not a pharmacist).

the primary job itself isn’t about creativity on any level, just executing best practices

it’s poo poo lol

all jobs become kinda like this eventually.

- more working with people and people problems, less time fooling with technical thing that got you interested in it in the first place

- lots of repetitive tasks, these only accumulate, when you are trying to continually improve a process it’s east to add new audits and procedures but hard to take them away.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ultravoices posted:

working on it.

my last trip around the medication merrygoround gave me a sneak preview of dementia (how do I get home? which is the key to open the door? what's that smell? oh just the pot burning because you forgot you put it on) so i am trying other things.

good lord what med can even do this?

like obviously you don’t have to share if it gives away medical info you don’t want to share but that’s nuts.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ultravoices posted:

escitalopram (lexapro) -- apparently memory problems are a known side effect.

i think that was the fifth or sixth drug i've tried? i am trying long walks, sunlight, wholesome food, and good sleep instead, but i'll probably need to try something else once it gets dark out again.

oh man, yeah I know some people who take that but no stories like that.