Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Really good episode. The switch to the Onita version made me warm up significantly to the theme switch but I still think it's a downgrade. Still, the Onita version at least evokes Road House as opposed to the OG Troggs version evoking Animal House if you will.

That said the show was good as hell and I really hope Mox and King win the titles from the Bucks because they're an absurdly fun tag team.

When Scorpio was cutting his Angry Heel Promo there were times that he had a serious case of Jinder Mahal face and I couldn't unsee it once I thought of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mons Hubris posted:

Lol drat as if he wasn’t buried enough

Tell me I'm wrong though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

I don't want Mox and Kingston to win; I imagined some other "official" team would get the rub from beating the Bucks later on.

As long as it's not The Acclaimed.

(I know it wouldn't be, because they're heels, I just wanted to take my opportunity to say gently caress those guys)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I also feel the need to point out I can't really poo poo on the fact that Mox is paying tribute to his idol by using the theme. I'm just :geno: on it as a wrestling entrance theme. drat sure better with that application than the Troggs version, though, that's for sure.

Also holy poo poo the Bucks are absolutely fantastic heels, gently caress those guys SO MUCH.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

They are the best so they don't need the rub.

People need to be less concerned with "the rub" and what could be a better moment than Eddie Kingston winning a major promotion title in TYOOL 2021.

Plus the Mox/King dynamic has heavy energy of the last time Roman was over as a face in the E when he and Mox were buddy-tagging it up (which was fun as heck) except like ten million times better. It's so good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Generico posted:

I wish there wasn't a really lame grade school level gay joke in every one of his raps.

For the record this (and the misogynistic poo poo) is like 95% of why I hate him and why I called him off-brand Thuganomics Cena.

Rarity posted:

Afaik Max hasn't explicitly said he's queer? (He's def giving that vibe though) Anyway, buncha thoughts

Okay, but like, I hate this being an excuse. Speaking as a man with Cerebral Palsy, if Greg Iron (who's a loving boss, btw, unless there's some bad poo poo about the guy I don't know about) was constantly going around calling people the r-slur or a cripple or something (cripple is probably a better example tbh even though it doesn't make sense as an insult unless he was talking to another disabled person because frankly the r-slur probably shouldn't be reclaimed but some people do so with cripple and hell, let them as far as I'm concerned but it's the best example I can think of and you get what I mean and if you don't you're probably being obtuse) I'd hate that poo poo too. It's lazy poo poo that, if he's honestly talented, should be beneath him, at least to the extent that he doesn't need to lean on it every single week to get heat.

It's the wrestling promo equivalent of a standup comedian doing like, hack-y, Carlos Mencia type poo poo or something.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lamuella posted:

More than anything else, it just feels cheap. Like, Max can clearly rap, he seems to be pretty good at freestyling, I'd like to see him take it as a challenge to avoid the hacky 2002 8 Mile material in favour of stuff that is either memorably weird or has genuine bite. The rest of his verse was good, and the All Talk video was absolutely stellar, so I know he can do better.

harperdc posted:

That's basically my thought as well. It feels like lovely cheap heat.

Sanguinia posted:

Agree. Overtly misogynistic or homophobic rap is such a crutch of edginess that reeks of Early Aughts Doldrums. Anyone with real ability just doesn't need to indulge in it, and shouldn't because it makes them look like a cringey hack.

Okay, I agree with all y'all and I'm glad I'm not alone but where the hell was this energy last week or a couple weeks ago or whenever it was when the Max Caster Defense Brigade was in full effect when I clearly explained that was my problem with him?