Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
max, who isn't straight from other videos he's done (even past the 'a matter of pride' promo where he outright says he's into both men and women), probably thinks poo poo like the valentines line is cheap heat that nobody would genuinely get upset by

but here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i feel like mark sterling getting a second appearance means he's the one

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lid posted:

Send Miho Abe over and just have her replace Anna Jay and no one comments on it or notices.

nobody can replace anna jay

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
can't believe not a single person in the pinnacle has had an angle in the past year where they were shown off as a major threat

(like okay sure nobody believed spears was a threat but they definitely tried with the whole chairman thing and him flying off the handle at the slightest idea he's being shat on is a good culmination of people Not Believing Him + definitely has more potential than anything else he's done so far)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
are people still trying to treat blood and guts as "the blowoff match?" is that what the issue is?

like i can understand only thinking it's possible to have a big match as the end of a feud (especially coming from the WWE) but that's really clearly not what they're doing here

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, we've had these conversations before and doing the usual "crazy people criticizing AEW" thing is boring. Yeah, obviously there was tons of buildup with MJF and the the Inner Circle. But there was no history at all between Spears and FTR and the Inner Circle. So they had a big in ring promo where they tried to pump in heat specifically on them (and did a solid job). But everything happening is about MJF, not the Pinnacle, and they jumped straight into what what traditionally be considered a blowoff and are now jumping straight into a gimmick return match. Its very atypical pacing and its disingenuous as gently caress to act like saying that is the same as saying I want 6 months of rematches.

to be clear, someone else (not you) was saying they wanted 6 months of buildup and were saying it entirely seriously

smarxist posted:

I don't know why they fired off blood and guts so quickly after the pinnacle formed, it would have been way better if they had like 6 months of short rear end kicking feuds to establish themselves, then have IC try to settle business later

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the pinnacle isn't a unit, though. they're a bunch of egomaniac dudes together because they all think they're the loving best + mjf has brought them together because he wants to have a bunch of skilled dudes around him as ablative armor. having half a year of slow buildup of them as a Bunch Of Dudes Who Are Good Together is not the story they're trying to tell here and it's not a bad thing that it isn't that story -- just not what you, personally, want

edit:

STAC Goat posted:

Again... the point is that I look forward to when this is done because I hope that will provide an opportunity to care more about the Pinnacle besides MJF.

This has all been good for MJF and Sammy. That's good. I look forward to stuff being good for the rest.

you could also just choose to give a poo poo about them now instead of ignoring them because they're not telling the story you want

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the pinnacle did nothing to the inner circle except beat them up mercilessly from literally the moment they debuted as a faction and have been out for their blood ever since

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah, the thing I don't like about IC/Pinnacle is that they can seemingly only have group brawls. Why not have Sammy do some singles matches, or FTR vs PNP on Dynamite sometime? And yet there's no indication that anyone is even considering letting the members of the groups have individual matches.

what they should do is both set up individual feuds by maybe having some sort of promo where the two factions stand face to face and individual members cut promos against the people they specifically dislike, and then set up a reason for those matches to happen by having some sort of situation happen involving one of the factions no longer being able to work together

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think hangman's going to continue ducking kenny until the dude directly challenges him, maybe after the next time he hits rank 1

it's really one of those long-term stories that you don't have to burn quickly

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

smarxist posted:

Ethan Page is now over with me just because it's nice to see a quality crucifix powerbomb in 2021

can't wait to see him yeet Darby out of the ring through a table or something

if you're willing to go watch some old matches ethan has a long history of yeeting darby

https://twitter.com/ClassicChhun/status/741484856601874432

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is whatever CD is working towards the first actual aew retirement match?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
have there been attack ads for any of the wrestling politicians that use match footage

I wanna see someone use Cody covered in blood

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
miro is cool and strong and i think aew is behind him really hard as a champ and i don't think it's fair to say that he's just keeping the belt warm to immediately hand it over to lance

my feeling is that archer's losing and it'll be the split between him and jake, but jake's going to be the one to dump him and it'll eventually loop around to lance coming to the aid of sting -- and then he can rematch for the belt and triumph

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Penguin Patrol posted:

Angelico, Matt Cross, and Thunder Rosa should be the 1st trios champs and it's not even close

it'd be neat if trios is how they started doing intergender as well

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

i hate that my first thought was '...are wwe and aew going to cross over'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

yeah dude wwe has never reacted in any way to aew existing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Le Saboteur posted:

Of course they care as much as any large business would care about its competitors. But if you think anyone from the loving C-suite of WWE would ever pull something like this video you're out of your mind.

Its things like this video that give away the game a bit with AEW in that they thrive on the idea of a war with WWE.

they literally debuted a fake tony khan on nxt to be a parody shithead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Le Saboteur posted:

Oh I guess so, I never made that connection.

it was a little more obvious when they first put him out on tv to manage chelsea green and talk about analytics