Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dynamite was great this week. Serena vs Velvet was so goddamn good and I love that Serena is leaning into being a vicious master of grapplefuckery now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I forgot in my last post, but I also gotta say that the card for DoN is looking extremely loving good already. Every single match seems like a potential banger.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Not to say that Bowens getting clocked mid-sentence isn't funny, but it's Max freaking out in the background that really makes this for me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Edge & Christian posted:

Also just wondering is Brian Pillman Jr. related to Flyin Brian P?

As the name implies, he's the son of Flyin' Brian.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

I mean really if archer and miro announced that they had decided to freebird the tna title who could stop them? You?

Well, I guess it would be Kenny Omega as of right now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

enigmahfc posted:

I know I am alone on this, But Ogogo is still just not working for me at all. Not as a person; he seems like a good dude, but in the ring.

This weird America/Britain feud is dumb, and I am still not sold on his Tummy Punches. Like, I know in real life that a punch like that would hurt and wreck my poo poo, but on a show where people are thrown off cages, have their legs crushed with steal chairs, and then put through tables, a punch to to tum tum doesn't impress me. People kick out of power bombs, piledrivers, and slams onto a stack of steal chairs, but one Belly Boop makes people's inside explode, it seems.

I know that's just me and my weird hang up and suspension of disbelief and all, but still, every segment he is in leaves me so cold. It doesn't help that he hasn't actually...you know, wrestled yet, but we are still going to get an overly long Cody match out of it.

That just means that his punches have to be the hardest goddamn punches in the world.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So, is this it for IC or are they gonna drag it out?

There's no way they end the feud here, IC vs Pinnacle is money and they know it.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Ogogo's punches have the weight of the entire British people behind them. Which, given how dense many of them seem to be, must be great indeed.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cage Kicker posted:

Just in case, I’d like to be the first person to say HOOK was always bad

MODS?!?!?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I see we've entered the part of the week where the AEW withdrawal causes people to forget what's actually happened on the show.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Extremely weird that the leader of the group, who incidentally also happens to be one of the people who they're clearly going to build the promotion around in the future, is front and center and the rest of the group are supporting characters.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The core conceit of the Pinnacle is that it was a group that MJF put together in secret to blindside the IC with, so it wouldn't make much sense if the members were some established archrivals to the individual IC members.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
There's no way the IC is losing Stadium Stampede. They're gonna keep this feud going over the summer at least because it's money now and is gonna be even more money once they resume touring.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
This is pro wrestling and they have a weekly schedule to keep, which means that it's probably better to not make your storytelling any more complicated than it has to be.

And given how good MJF is at heeling you don't need any major justification to make the IC convincing babyfaces.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The only reason why the audience ever booed Jericho in the first place is because he's just that good at heeling it up.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The feud is about a month and a half old and they started with a build towards a group match, give it some time.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kenny is 37 years old, so unless he's a lot more busted than he lets on he should have a good five to ten years left in him. In other words, unless he really wants to sit at home and play video games for the rest of his life I think we'll be seeing him wrestle in some capacity for a while yet.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Just cause he can doesn't mean he will when he can move into a well-paid back office role

This is true, but grapsmen are insane and will keep rasslin' long after they've officially moved into what should be a nice backstage sinecure.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gotta start with the biggest workrate match to give people a reason to buy the PPV.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Presumably they have something else on TBS in Dynamite's timeslot and it might not be trivial to move it around.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Bischoff has been good every single time he's shown up on AEW television so far, but I guess that this time will be the disaster that destroys AEW forever.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

cams posted:

one day we will cure the virus of nostalgia that is poisoning our wrestling world

I started watching pro graps around 2018 so all I've really seen of Eazy E is on Dynamite. And he's been good every time, pal.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

I do think Hangman could be putting something up if he loses to Cage to raise the stakes of the match but oh well.

Hangman puts up the same thing he always puts up - his self-esteem.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Can everyone please stop bullying me? :cry:

This must be how Vlan feels :sigh:

Nothing we say can hurt you more than you hurt yourself by consuming the forbidden burg.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Don't tell anyone but I found exclusive footage of Dante and Miro rehearsing their promos in preparation for Friday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z-oJTZ1b5Q

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Helicity posted:

Yes, please let the man who doesn't know what a "focus group" is be responsible for far-reaching policies in my country.

gently caress him up, Ogogo.

Not knowing what a focus group is is unironically a positive trait in a politician at this point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Fulham gotta get that heat for their comeback.