Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

El Generico posted:

I wish there wasn't a really lame grade school level gay joke in every one of his raps.

Hi, long-time lurker of wrestling discussion on SA here. I guess I finally bothered to join in because this has been bugging me for months; I get saying the Acclaimed can occasionally be misogynistic (i.e. the period jokes), but what are these homophobic jokes people keep talking about? (admittedly I haven't seen this episode and some of the Dark shows, but I think I follow AEW close enough to have noticed it if Max were doing gay jokes with every appearance)

I feel like this whole thing started with some people misconstruing the incest joke Max made about the Bucks' book cover (the same joke Bucks made themselves on BTE) for a gay joke, and the idea of them being a homophobic tag team has stuck with some fans ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

El Generico posted:

This week: "These two guys exchange Valentine's gifts"

The joke is that they love each other, and that would be gay

Although personally I'm not complaining about it being homophobic, I'm complaining about it being cringe

Okay, I can actually see how that is homophobic. Though that line coming from a tag team made of two queer dudes, could it just be read as these two tough guys aren't that tough because they buy each other gifts?

Or maybe I just wasted 10 bucks on an account to defend and make excuses for Max Caster.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Rarity posted:

Afaik Max hasn't explicitly said he's queer? (He's def giving that vibe though)

Yeah, I know, my bad. I usually don't assume other people's sexuality or identity but the A Matter of Pride video suggests he's part of the community—the prospect of one of the best up-and-coming tag teams in AEW being both queer got me a little too excited, I guess.

Sorry if I derailed an AEW thread to yet another Acclaimed "Do they suck or nah" discourse, lol.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

ThePariah posted:

his bit this week was good and I love it when he puts a wholesome spin on Caster's crass comments.

Watching Dynamite now as I type this but yeh, agreed. I was more taken aback that Caster ended the verse with plain ol' misogyny than the Valentine's gift line (maybe because that's been spoiled to me) but Bowens' bit made it worth it. And the AEBLeurgh, lol.