Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That Serena/Velvet match ripped.

Solid show overall, but that topped everything. How many outside titles have been defended in AEW now? NWA Women's, AAA Tag, IWGP US, any others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

smarxist posted:

i can even see the valentine's line like it's more kinda homophobic adjacent while also being about toxic masculinity and it's emotional shortcomings as well, because Mox/Kingston embody those characters who would be all weird expressing emotion towards each other, like love. look at all the bizarre poo poo they've worked out on camera already during their feuds, lmao
Yeah, this. IMO the joke works against two tough guys, especially knowing the source is a very pro-LGBTQ tag team. Yes it's totally OK to be gay, yes it's totally OK for platonic male friends to show affection, but Mox & Kingston are NOT those guys. They stake their reputations on being rugged hood-tough street rats whose only emotions are wanting to beat people up in the messiest, bloodiest way possible. In that context, it's funny to poke fun at their bromance. It's not Max's best line, but it's fine.

The Last Call posted:

Anyone know if that guy knows his poo poo or just makes it up cause I know most of us want those titles to show up.
I dunno but it seems weird to introduce new titles that they're just going to weld around Death Triangle's waists forever.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NutShellBill posted:

The Hybrid... 3!: Angelico/Evans/Matt Sydal

I feel like Sydal's a different kind of dirtbag than TH2. Maybe put Kip Sabian with them, or Sammy if Inner Circle has to break up.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

Agreed. Next step would be to get some of the AEW midcard and underneath guys to show up on Strong. Obviously we had Mox a couple of times, but Kazarian versus someone like Karl Fredericks would be great.

Penta/Shingo is probably my biggest dream match at this point. I don't even care who wins.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Cody won't take time off. Instead for the duration of the taping after Brandi gives birth, he'll dress as Rafiki and stand high above the entrance stage, presenting his baby who's going to solve racism to an adoring crowd while "Circle of Life" plays on a loop. I'm sure TK can afford the licensing fee.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

magiccarpet posted:

The Penta Says gimmick was executed perfectly the first time by doing it three times in a row, with increased glee and sarcasm with each iteration. Since then they've only done them as smarmy one-offs that don't work nearly as well.

Also the Lucha Bros don't open every Dynamite and I feel that is an oversite.

It's great when they're actually cutting a promo. The first time he interrupted a match to say "I just remembered something Penta told me in the back" was great too, but then they did the exact same thing in a couple more matches, and it didn't work. They need to figure out better ways to do it, or just stick to promos outside of matches.

Semi-related, I thought the stinger at the beginning of Death Triangle's theme was some sound bite they recorded in a studio, but I went back and rewatched their formation and Penta & Fenix actually sounded like that when they first said it on the mic. There are still some warping effects for the entrance theme, but they just happened to do a perfect take in front of the live crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmRFWHwyxSU&t=210s (~3:35)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd be fine with IC losing Stadium Stampede. They've been around long enough, and they need to get P&P and to a lesser extent Sammy the hell away from Hager and Jericho. Hager can be Jericho's bodyguard and I guess tag partner or something, fine, but it feels like the rest of the crew is never going to break their current ceiling if they stay in their positions.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Reality Protester posted:

Alan Angels is at least ten years too young for the shaved head big beard look

Alan Angels is Diet Son of Havoc, prove me wrong.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I met Bischoff on the street when I was in LA once. He was really nice and let me take a picture with him, then he saw it and said we can take a better one so we ended up taking a few. I'm sure he's done some poo poo in the business, but I'll always appreciate him for that.

Maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention, but it's occurred to me that I don't really know why Hangman & Cage are fighting at DoN. It feels like a "these guys both need a PPV match" match.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 26, 2021

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Ah, right. Feels more like the setup to a Dynamite match, but at least there's a reason.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

I do think Hangman could be putting something up if he loses to Cage to raise the stakes of the match but oh well.

"Hangman, if you lose, you can never challenge for the FTW championship again!"

(sips beer) "K."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dacap posted:

It’s only Wednesday my dudes :(

But then we get Friday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday AEW.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The fun thing about The Factory is that the number of Os in their names directly coincides with my interest in watching them wrestle.

Comoroto = 4
Ogogo = 3
Solow = 2
QT = 0

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They've been teasing tension with the Jake/Archer dynamic lately, or at least Jake has been finding it harder to control him, so I wouldn't rule out that Archer loses because of Jake somehow.

Part of that speculation is that Jake probably doesn't want to go on the road anymore when things open back up, and they might want to find another role for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Archer is going to be fine if he loses, but they've been telling this story long-term with him ever since they introduced the TNT title. He was cutting promos about how that belt was made for guys like him, then he loses the finals. Then he consistently talks about wanting it from Darby, until an uneasy alliance with Sting stops him. Then he goes for Miro, and will presumably lose that too. So it's not just diminishing returns with wanting the belt, it's a growing story of him not getting the job done. The natural conclusion is that Jake is holding him back, and ditching him will finally get him the belt. Otherwise he's just the guy who can't win the specific belt he wants. Added to that, Miro's destined for main event status so he doesn't need the TNT for that long. This feud could easily keep going, so maybe Miro keeps it for the summer and Archer takes it at All Out. Otherwise he might as well just stop chasing it entirely.

Vince MechMahon posted:

Late, but it's gonna be Sting.
They already sort of half-teased an alliance when they saved Sting from Sky/Page. If he's not wrestling consistently, he'd be an awesome DO figurehead. Not sure what Darby does after that, but he doesn't really need a mouthpiece or a bat dad to be over.