Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I KNOW Miro will win. I hope Mox and Eddie win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just noticed the ppv is on a sunday. Is that the new permanent home for the ppv's or is there a reason this one is on a sunday too?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I feel like passing the torch moments happen way less often than we think they should

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just a reminder to the mods: I :toxx:'d myself saying if Miro doesn't retain the title at the PPV then I will eat a prob for a month. If he doesn't retain the title this Friday I'll eat that prob then as well. Bottom line - my guy is holding onto the title past Sunday.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was thinking about an earlier discussion about Lance Archer RE: if he loses the title match does that mean he's ruined as a character. And I think AEW is going for something different than past wrestling companies. It has felt like since the beginning they put the titles on the most over acts and no one gets a gold watch or pity title run. So I would honestly be find if there are plenty of guys who never win a title as long as the title holders are always over.

Take the champs we've seen vs companies like WWE or WCW or even ECW. There were plenty of head scratchers in all of them. I'm sure this is just because the company is early on and there will be title holders that probably shouldn't be but so far they have done a good job.

Lance is the perfect challenger because it is believable they could win. But I don't think he'd be the best TNT champ right now.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

See ya in July.

If you're so confident, toxx yourself with the opposite result. Then this will be a gentleman's agreement

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jetfire posted:

Arsenal Gear?!

Big ol' LOL IRL for me dawg.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol what a nerd I love him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I swear people in AEW can't just poke fun and have a good time without folks coming out to be party poopers.