Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cage vs Sydal 3 2.78%
Ogogo vs Gunn 2 1.85%
Deeb vs Velvet 74 68.52%
Bucks vs Blonds 21 19.44%
Wild Things vs Acclaimed 8 7.41%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JUNGLE BOY posted:

good episode, but was it a little too good?

I thought the show had to be close to being over because so much had happened, then I looked at my watch and there was still 45 minutes left. Stacked fuckin' show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Serena Deeb loving rules. I enjoyed the tinges of heel in her match. Really made her come off as a killer and it hammered home the idea that she's like a modern-day Bret Hart (I've been watching a lot of 1997 WWF lately).

I also enjoyed Kris Stat's silver space shorts.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

There are people that will tell you the NBA is dying btw.

Some players have died over the years

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

RD and Smart Mark would be great goons for Jade. Plus watching two white dudes bow and toady to a black woman will kill boomers.

Didn't RD Evans do something problematic recently? I don't know if it was speaking out levels, but I feel like I saw his name come up with something negative at some point and being really bummed out. Could totally be thinking of a different wrestling jerk, though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eat My Fuc posted:

He was dressed up like Mac Tonight from the McDonald’s characters

That son of a bitch

Cavauro posted:

you might be thinking of RD Reynolds who co-wrote The Death of WCW, and recently dressed up like Mac Tonight, a fictional character used in the marketing for McDonald's restaurants during the mid-1980s.

That son of a bitch

Seams posted:

he’s dating a teenager who doesn’t look anything like Charlotte used to

That son of a bitch

smarxist posted:

can't believe we let the racists take vaporwave icon Mac Tonight from us

Those sons of bitches

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Germansimp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFIJMr8urig

Butcher is entirely out of character, and it's a real joy to listen to him.

He has a dog named Terry Funk :cool: .

Wanna drink flat whites with my main man The Butcher :allears:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JD/Rocky is gonna loving rip. So happy to be one step closer to a Roppongi Vice reunion!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

If Mox wins the Tag Titles with Eddie, he'll be the first person to win two separate titles in AEW, right?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

bartok posted:

Kenny Omega was tag champs with Adam Page.

Derp, I'm an idiot

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

jesus WEP posted:

the potato brawl was very good too, but dippin dots had crowd members just milling around the concourse while it was going on and god i miss crowds and such :smith:

It also broke some common wrestling themes, like Cody didn't just back off and end his promo when Jericho locked The Inner Circle in that skybox or whatever. He punched through the fuckin glass and dragged him out. One of the earlier examples of AEW going against traditional conventions that I can remember and being the better for it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rarity posted:

I stand by the idea that Sammy getting the win on MJF is the endgame for this feud

Yeah, IC can win at Stampede and then Sammy sets out on a "you took everything from me, now I'm going to take everything from you" path to wreck MJF and The Pinnacle on his own/one by one. Let this MJF/Jericho thing evolve into MJF/Sammy so the focus shifts to two guys who are likely to be the future of the company while Jericho slowly fades out, maybe with an FTR/Sammy & Jericho tag match down the road as a little surprise or something.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dango Bango posted:

Cody's political run is going to be magestic.

I wouldn't expect anything less from someone so nooble

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is loving killing me :hmbol:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

smarxist posted:

can't wait for Butch to do a run in and screw over Hangman the first time he and Kenny square off

Every time I see Butch there's a part of my brain that goes, "Oh, Tyler Breeze!" before coming back to reality.

I don't know how much Butch actually looks like Tyler, I haven't seen him in a few years and am working from memory.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This is the worst Wednesday I've ever been in

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thank you, thread, for getting me to start thinking about PPV food ahead of time instead of like 3 hours before the show like I normally do. Time to put together a menu!

I might just steal most of ^ those ideas because I haven't had Texas Caviar in a while and I can just make pigs in a blanket with tofu pups.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

WWE released Tom Phillips for some unknown reason (read: they stink).

I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Tom pop up as a backstage dude in AEW. Or even a commentator, put him in the booth with Tony and Paul on Elevation because that team still isn't really clicking for me. Tall Paul is just okay.

I know not every WWE firing needs to be hired by someone else, but I feel like announcers and backstage people can always be slotted in somewhere and Tom seemed pretty good.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Marvez should for sure never be replaced. It does feel like the Elevation commentary team is missing something, though, and maybe it needs Young Boy Tom.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

dromal phrenia posted:

I don't think Marvez should be replaced but I do think someone might need to fill in for his duties when he's off interviewing Kenny Omega in increasingly unlikely places.

Philips can do a backstage interview while Marvez is accosting Omega mid-skydive

They already have Dasha for other backstage stuff, no need to scoot her out of the way for a Tom.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I may regret asking this, but what exactly does it mean to be a piss boy? Is it just a nonsense pairing of words like rear end hat? Or is it a normal insult that I'm just not used to hearing? I feel like I've heard "piss baby" before and I guess that makes sense in that one of the main things babies do is piss. Is it because Cody's hair is almost yellow? Are we to think he pisses into his own hair?

WHAT IS THE LORE OF THE PISS BOY

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vince MechMahon posted:

A pissboy is a guy who likes getting someone to hose him off with the real golden stuff as a sex thing.

I guess I should have figured it was that simple

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I forgot all about this game and this weird little fucker

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gumball Gumption posted:

Anna Jay+Maki Itoh= The Simp Slayers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfvGECYB6Gs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There’s no dumber body art than Cody’s drat neck ta-

https://twitter.com/realjakehager/status/1398298939196067846?s=21

Five fingers and no thumbs?

At least this isn't a permanent tattoo, so that immediately disqualifies it from being dumber than Cody's.