Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

There used to be a thread for streamers, but it was mostly just them posting when they went online - and that's much better handled by notifications on the platforms.

I don't know how to make better use of it, but if I could think of something I'd definitely propose it.
Streaming requires just enough interactivity, that it's easier to use the bastardization of IRC that Twitch has implemented.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I'm still amazed at the work Baldurk has been doing with lpix.org, and entirely on his own with no financial support, despite several people having offered.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

IGgy IGsen posted:

For now only images NOT uploaded using an account are affected so the blow of this is going to be less severe than those panicking and telling people to not use imgur in a big huff might make you believe.

You should still exercise caution because you don't know what will change in the future.
The vast majority of people don't have an account on imgur to upload to - so it's gonna affect a lot of people.

Why do you think imgur are doing this? They want more people to register, so they can convert more people to pay for the service.
This is all in service of an IPO, which is how every VC company eventually ends up.

EDIT: Here's how the company that owns imgur now presents themselves:

quote:

MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.

Disaster capitalists, the lot of them.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

What if you record your gameplay and voice commentary naked?
This thought popped into my head fully formed, and since it's awful, I'm sharing it with everyone ITT:
Naked ASMR LP commentary on leather furniture.

I fully expect to be probated for this, so I'm going to bed.
Gnight, folks! Remember to tip your waitstaff!