Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Hello, LP.

Wanna talk?

You've always been able to PM us to ask about forum stuff, and there's always been QCS, but there's a lot of scope for issues to be too broad for a PM and too specific to raise in QCS, so, following in the footsteps of a few other subforums we're opening this thread for any discussion you might want to have about the running and operation of LP, and taking this opportunity to more actively solicit your feedback. This won't be a chat thread like the Sandcastle sometimes is, but you can chat to us all the same about whatever you might feel needs chatting about, and we'll chat back, probably.

You can ask or tell us whatever you'd like, but also here are some prompts:

• As we see it, LP has been running smoothly for years now with only occasional dust-ups in individual threads warranting moderation. Are we wrong? Are there bigger picture issues you think we're missing?
  • LP's rules have shrunk and simplified as specific problems that used to demand solutions (eg: too many Pokémon LPs, minimal-effort day one LPs) have faded out. Think we should tinker with the rules more?
  • Do you have an issue with an individual mod for which you want a response or apology but don't want to call for our heads?
  • Do you feel any particular part of LP is underserved by the mod team?
  • Is there something specific you think we should be doing, but aren't?
  • How do you think we're doing, in general?

The only real restriction here is that we're only here to talk about Let's Play, not Games (which has its own mod feedback thread) or Something Awful in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Olive Branch posted:

All's well, as far as my lurking self can see. What is the minimum threshold for thread ratings to be visible?

It's 20. It's been adjusted down a few times; I'm not sure of the history but I remember it being 50 once.

If there's anything I'd want to say to the good people of LP it's this; please rate threads, especially good ones!

MagusofStars posted:

Is this still a thing that happens? I seem to remember seeing a lot of threads go idle longer than this but don't appear to be locked.

Archives has been busted for a while. What's in the rules is how it's supposed to work, and presumably will work again one day.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Yeah this is bad.

Fortunately, LP itself is likely to be less affected since we have popularised the use of LPix and the LP Archive for... more or less exactly this reason. But for everyone else, or anyone who was using imgur for SSLPs, yeesh. Wish there was something more helpful we could do beyond waiting for whatever Jeff and Astral can cook up and hoping it's enough. It sucks.

If you make content, please keep your own backups to whatever extent you are able.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
We're also usually on the LP Beach Discord if you're into that.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Yeah, it's like... there isn't really a new rule, and nothing is banned now that wasn't before, it's just that sometimes a thing needs pointing out. I know we still have that middle bit in the adult content rules, that still stands, but whatever the gently caress that thread was is not covered by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.