Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

From a reader perspective, I don't see any issues. Threads seem to run smoothly, the zero-effort LP's naturally weed themselves out, haven't felt like there's any major rules needed to be added.

Skimming the rules post, only one thing that I noted:

quote:

And lastly, if you do end up posting something, beware the Archive Lock. Threads in LP that have not had a new post in two months will fall into Archive Lock status. If a thread is archive locked it can only be reopened again by arcane sysadmin magic. Keep this in mind if you're going to be putting an LP on an extended hiatus. Please contact either one of us mods or Jeffery of YOSPOS for help in unlocking a thread.
Is this still a thing that happens? I seem to remember seeing a lot of threads go idle longer than this but don't appear to be locked.

Mega64 posted:

Only suggestion is maybe another contest is probably due, but I know how much effort those can be to set up.
I'll second this as a cool suggestion, but also understand that it's a pain in the rear end to set up/run these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

Streamer subforum seems like a good idea. It lets people do whatever they want without a risk of clogging up LP itself.
:agreed:

A separate forum might also help streamers themselves, since any viewer who goes to Streamers R' Us Forum is obviously interested in finding some streaming content to follow, whereas people in LP forum may or may not actually care about finding active streamers (case in point: prior to this discussion, I legit forgot there was even a thread for announcing streams in LP).

Beartaco posted:

I remember one of the mods earlier in the year saying they might look into setting up an "LP type" tag similar to how Ask/Tell has their separate Ask or Tell tag, which I think would be a really good addition!

Sally posted:

That was me and it was put on the backburner in favour of other more dire things needing to be fixed for Something Awful broadly. Again, is this something the SALP community at large wants? If so, I'll put together a formal proposal for Astral and Jeffrey to shift priorities.
I would like this, to make it easier to sort through. Doesn't need to be anything complex, just a simple tag for SSLP, VLP, and "Other" probably serves the purpose enough.