Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I've said it before in some thread, probably. But I think SALP has just gotten better over time. Part of that came with a big shift in overall internet culture but it's probably mostly due to all of us being cool peeps who do good stuff. Just want to say this because I haven't done a traditional LP in years now but I still check out your threads, I just don't really post much if at all.

The mods are doing a great job too of course always did, really, especially that one time I was probated for drunkposting a year after it happened simply because I expressed probation-envy when someone else was hit with a probe.
On a more serious note, even though, I don't make use of it myself, I think allowing people to have a donation or Patreon link in their op was a much needed and long overdue change to the rules and I'm glad it happened. I sometimes forget it's a thing simply because this is SA and that was so hard against the rules for a long time.

I really don't want this to be a hugbox but right now I can't really find anything to get critical about and I don't care enough to go looking.

Note: I was sober when I started writing this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean modern Jericho is kind of a shithead, but Attitude Era Jericho was pretty cool.

I fully agree with you but you can't post that in the wrestling imp zone named after a reference to the text messages of a guy who did that cool murder suicide that everybody loves so much. (Personally I think it was a loving tragedy and think it's tasteless to name your subforum after that, but hey, I'm just one guy. And this is LP anyway. The most sane* subforum on SA.)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I remember.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Sally posted:

This isn't actively against the rules. The Stream Thread is a way to prevent the forums from being spamming by dozens and dozens of low content threads that don't make it past the first page.

I dunno, is this something the SALP community at large wants? If a particularly prolific streamer wants to create a stream thread, we could try it out?

I've seen people do this already to some extent and I more or less already do this???? Kinda?

Now the thing is neither me nor others I've seen have made general threads for their streams but instead they might have a series with a theme or some kind of show (like myself) that is live-streamed. They let people know when they go live there and link VODs in their op. Due to the relatively loose definition of what an LP is (or isn't) people generally don't seem to care as long as it's close enough to whatever they think qualifies as an LP (I'm personally of the nothing is true, everything is permitted mindset.)

The main advantage I see with having one centralized thread for it is that you can just hop in there and see who's live and you can easily find new people to watch there. So that's definitely something I'd want to stay, even if streamer threads become a common thing. The go-live thread is less of a thing to keep up with and more something to pop into and see if anyone is up to any cool mischief right now. And I like it for that.

That said, if you ask me if I WANT to have dedicated Streamer threads for individual posters (or groups) then I'm not against it. It's more like I'm indifferent to it right now. It could be cool. It was the preferred way to do things on the lp.zone and it kinda fell flat as far as I can tell, but perhaps that was due to that site being relatively small, even when it was still hot and new and had a lot of people joining. If there's worries that something like this might clutter up the forum maybe we can come back to the tag idea or something. Or make it a subforum. But I feel this would be unnecessary and maybe even detrimental to the whole idea. Unless it's REALLY popular.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 2, 2021

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

A well-crafted mod challenge can be a shot at redemption. Or comedy. Maybe it is time indeed. Maybe.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I personally like just having a thread I can go to to find a stream to watch without having to wade through tedious discussion about getting famous or hate raids or bots and all that stuff. There multiple people I follow now only because I found them there.
I see value in space to discuss stream-related stuff, but I'd still like to have my good old go-live dump.

E: reading through the op of the thread it definitely needs an update. It still mentions hitbox. RIP

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Nov 11, 2021

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

GrandpaAhab posted:

A Youtube Let's Player named Grawl started a Let's Play forum for Youtube Let's Players to gather and share like on Something Awful

Yeah, I was a member and one of its last active ones (thinking back, my Dark Souls 3 LP might have been the last LP ran on there). Hell, I run the Discord that was used by some of the leftovers for a while before it became more of a general hangout.

That Let's Play Forum was called... Let's Play Forum (LPF, in short.) It was a place mostly populated by goons, though, some people only joined SA after they joined LPF. Like me, I pretty much found LPF trying to find a place to share SA-Style VLPs. I would have come to SA but I didn't think it was worth it to get a credit card just to join one (1) webforum. Plus it was the forum where everyone tries way too hard to be funny. Still is, but I can bear it better now by making even worse jokes.

When I joined LPF we had a pretty big focus on learning to make better videos and a strong feedback culture. New members were encouraged, if not at least culturally required, to submit a video for feedback. You had to earn "Status" before you were allowed to post an LP. Something I never really liked but whatchoo gonna do? For a while, despite my problems with the way it handled things I almost had a sense of pride for not being an LPer that started on SA, for some reason. Anyway, place is dead now whoop de doo. You probably have to thank it for me being on this forum today. Chances are I would have come here sooner or later but the hell knows how that would have panned out?

I didn't know the Schildkrote gang tried to mock the place.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 29, 2022

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

For now only images NOT uploaded using an account are affected so the blow of this is going to be less severe than those panicking and telling people to not use imgur in a big huff might make you believe.

You should still exercise caution because you don't know what will change in the future.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Christmas season on November 1st? This kind of talk should be a criminal offence!

It starts in September.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I think it's great when people talk about that so we can identify and shun them.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Everyone who didn't change the timg tags back to img tags is a fake gamer. Sorry, it is how it is.