Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Your dad ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

What game is that OP.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

THat's sick. My dad used to do that while playing SSX and bob/weave his head around lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

hell yes op

one of my fondest gaming memories is when I was like 9 playings spyro 3 and my ma was watching me fight buzz and trying to understand what games were and give me advice

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

What game is that OP.
Looks like Subnautica, or possibly Subnautica: Below Zero.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thought he had the G-Man haircut until I zoomed in.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

THat's sick. My dad used to do that while playing SSX and bob/weave his head around lmao

i dont do that sitting down but if i was gaming standing up for some reason id totally be instinctually doing that

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

epic dad

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My dad only ever played point and click adventure games but my friend's dad would really lean into turns on Gran Turismo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

My dad only ever played point and click adventure games but my friend's dad would really lean into turns on Gran Turismo.
my dad worked in IT for a large multinational and he had to spend new year's eve 1999 at the office to make sure everything was patched for y2k and none of the computers exploded and/or rebelled against mankind

everything was fine, of course, so he took our ps1 with him and spent the evening playing gran turismo with his coworkers on the massive projector setup in the cafeteria

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

The Kins posted:

my dad worked in IT for a large multinational and he had to spend new year's eve 1999 at the office to make sure everything was patched for y2k and none of the computers exploded and/or rebelled against mankind

everything was fine, of course, so he took our ps1 with him and spent the evening playing gran turismo with his coworkers on the massive projector setup in the cafeteria

That's cool. My dad kept himself sane when doing his PhD by playing Kings Quest games.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

when the battery burnt out in our copy of shining force 2 my dad setup a gaming zone in the basement where it stayed on until he could beat it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

When I was young, I had an NES.
I have no idea what compelled him to, but he picked up Legend of Zelda. Started playing it, and beat it over the course of I dunno how long with me watching over his shoulder and acting as 'navigator' for him.
Once he beat it, he put the controller down and turned off the console.

I've never once before or after play a single video game of any kind, ever.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

my dad used to play mortal kombat 3 with me and when he finally won, he pushed me over and screamed at me that he won

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does your dad always play standing up right in front of the TV like that? I do the same poo poo and I will never stop doing it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Skeezy posted:

Does your dad always play standing up right in front of the TV like that? I do the same poo poo and I will never stop doing it.

duck hunt cheater found.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

when I was a kid and my family got our first PC, my dad played a shitload of Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny on it, and I'd watch him play and we'd yell "SPION!" and "MEIN LEBEN!" and poo poo

He doesn't game anymore but we still talk about Wolfenstein sometimes and how much it ruled

copy
Jul 26, 2007

cool subnautica dad, friend

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

just noticed this, lmfao

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Want to meet that dad.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fargield posted:

Want to meet that dad.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
my dad never played a video game ever, but I remember when I was really small he would work ridiculous hours. he did rotating shift work and I could tell he felt guilty because he always had to work christmas and stuff like that. he didn't buy me many games (I only got them for birthdays or christmas) because he didn't make a lot of money but he would rent me an NES game once per week, I think because he felt guilty that he was always working.

I remember whenever he would come home with a game I already had, I still knew to jump up and down with "excitement" even though I usually already had the game because I didn't want him to feel bad. I distinctly remember being 6 years old and he rented me Adventure Island from the video store, and he came home all excited to hand it to me and I told him how much I've been dying to play it and how happy I was even though I secretly already had it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fargield posted:

Want to meet that dad.

This.

Beecheese
Aug 4, 2014

that's pretty cool OP, gaming dads rock. Mine doesn't like using a controller on PC for some reason, even though he played PS2 for many years.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
[to cadence of bloody dads google history] its bloody dads steam game library

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

[Sung Alice in Chainsly] I’m the dad on Xbox.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
my dad kept the NES running overnight once so he could beat Super Mario Bros.

when we got a SNES he played mario world as well with me but was frustrated by the extra buttons on the controller.

he got up to forest secret area, played it once and died, and never touched a game again until wii golf

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tato posted:

my dad kept the NES running overnight once so he could beat Super Mario Bros.

when we got a SNES he played mario world as well with me but was frustrated by the extra buttons on the controller.

he got up to forest secret area, played it once and died, and never touched a game again until wii golf

The dad calm freakout

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The dad calm freakout

dad why is there a copy of super mario world buried in your toolbox

'i dont want to talk about it'

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

Dad, are you crying because of the cows?

subpar_haircut
Jan 25, 2010

once when I was a kid I got my dad to play SF: Alpha 3 and smoked him in the first match but he didn’t know what was going on and I was excited he was there so I just let him pretend he was still playing while I fought the cpu

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Clovehitch Killer but it's about a kid finding 30 years of Nintendo Powers with Mario's eyes gouged out in every possible instance

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The Clovehitch Killer but it's about a kid finding 30 years of Nintendo Powers with Mario's eyes gouged out in every possible instance

lmao

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

The Tubular Killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"I feel like Italian tonight. Wanna get take out from Luigi's?"

*dad's fingers break through the glass of scotch he's holding*