Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
My dad's game of choice was Myst, and while he never touched the series after Riven he left me a big myst-head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My dad got a Wii and Wii Fit but barely ever used it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

my parents got a Wii fit and they were really excited for me to come over and stand on it so the game would say "ouch!" but then it didn't say that to me. once they learned the "ouch" was based on weight, they decided it was pretty rude and stopped using it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

my parents got a Wii fit and they were really excited for me to come over and stand on it so the game would say "ouch!" but then it didn't say that to me. once they learned the "ouch" was based on weight, they decided it was pretty rude and stopped using it.

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also lol that Wii Fit calls you a fat piece of poo poo and makes your Mii obese if you’re over a certain BMI.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
my stepdad tried to game once with my brother playing NHL 94 and my brother scored on him with the goalie and he never gamed ever again

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
I watched my dad play through Chrono Trigger as a child.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Also lol that Wii Fit calls you a fat piece of poo poo and makes your Mii obese if you’re over a certain BMI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic_rhn85oq8

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

My dad used to game a lot but now he mostly just plays merge dragons

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

also lol at the cutesy voice clip going "thats obese!" every time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

mycophobia posted:

my dad liked to play arnold palmer on the genesis and later on the hot shots golfs for the psx. nowadays he doesnt play anything afaik, hes very tech averse aside from reading conservative news crap on his phone

i'm fairly certain my dad wouldn't think twice about tossing his phone and laptop into a lake if he didn't need them for family and business. incidentally, afaik the only games he's played since he stopped going over to my uncle's house to play CoD splitscreen a decade ago have been Wii Sports, Mario Party, and Words with Friends. gamer dad twilight years.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my dad got sick of my brother playing snes so he tried to throw it into the ocean, only reason he didn't do it is my mom told him to give it to one of my brother's friends instead becuase they'd just paid for it

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

My dad got me a genesis for Christmas when I was like 6 or 7 and hid each of the various parts (power cable, controller, mfing 32x) around the house scavenger hunt style. That ruled. We played mk 2 a lot. Then later my dad got real into wrestling games printing out custom wrestler configs. He stopped playing games around the ps2 era.

Also he got real into ff8 and I remember we watched Akira on hbo or showtime or something around that time.

Good gamer dad memories

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My dad got a Wii and Wii Fit but barely ever used it

my mom got somehow really interested in Wii Fit well after the Wii U came out, and insisted on not taking my Wii even though I didn't need it anymore. so we went and bought a new Wii, Wii Fit, and Wii Sports Resort. The whole family played it after we set it up, and it was never touched it again.

the wii is still tucked behind her tv, she thinks its a modem or something

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Wii Fit was the new Soloflex of only used once exercise equipment

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

wii fit was just rly boring and got old fast. im glad they figured out how to make workout games fun with ring fit

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

wii fit was just rly boring and got old fast. im glad they figured out how to make workout games fun with ring fit

they fixed wii fit when they set wii fit u on wuhu island

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Arrhythmia posted:

My dad's game of choice was Myst, and while he never touched the series after Riven he left me a big myst-head.

Myst was the first game I ever played and it was with my dad. We also played Riven and nothing after it. I reinstalled Riven a couple years ago and played through it on Steam.

He also introduced me to MDK, which left quite an impression on me. He has always been a Civ-head so I thought he might enjoy Factorio. I gifted him a copy and he beat it faster than me.

He's currently literally addicted to Satisfactory

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

I visited my parents last Christmas and it broke my heart to see my dad try to play his shovelware hunting game + Civ VI on his brokeass computer- he tried to show me his sick gameing setup but I don't think he realized that his power supply nor graphics card were adequate, but he insisted that playing at less than 10 FPS was fine for him abnd indeed a fun and quality experience. It was like he was using the computer underwater. I thought like wow, okay, this is it- the dementia is starting.

I bought him an RX 480 froma coworker for $100.00 and sent him a new power supply this Christmas and it's really cool to see how happy he is with the upgraded rig. He did intense military poo poo for 40+ years and since he retired a couple years ago and got back into gaming it's like I'm talking to a different person, psyche is much improved. I am equally concerned / proud about his addiction to sci fi management games, though.

If he discovers Dyson Sphere Program I don't expect to talk to him for a full year

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I never saw my dad play a video game but I think he would play them when I was gone or something because he always knew a lot about whatever game I was playing at the moment. Like he'd come up to me and talk about how cool chrono trigger was or say that siphon filter was a really cool game

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

wb

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hey AB

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NienNunb posted:

My dad still brags about the one time he beat me in Street Fighter at the Boardwalk when I was 12

As he should.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My dad kicked rear end at PGA Tour Gold in SNES and would laugh at me and my sister constantly winding up in the rough

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

One of the only games my dad ever played with me was Soul Calibur 2 and he always picked Seung-Mina and spammed the same move where she spins her halberd around. It was years later playing SC2 on dolphin that I realized that move prominently showed off her tits

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
My dad setting up the Wii

Hog Mild
Aug 21, 2008

give him a chair man

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Evil Eagle posted:

One of the only games my dad ever played with me was Soul Calibur 2 and he always picked Seung-Mina and spammed the same move where she spins her halberd around. It was years later playing SC2 on dolphin that I realized that move prominently showed off her tits

Did you become a boob man like him or strike out on your own as an rear end man ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018