Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Big Beef City posted:

When I was young, I had an NES.
I have no idea what compelled him to, but he picked up Legend of Zelda. Started playing it, and beat it over the course of I dunno how long with me watching over his shoulder and acting as 'navigator' for him.
Once he beat it, he put the controller down and turned off the console.

I've never once before or after play a single video game of any kind, ever.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Stairmaster posted:

I used to watch my dad play descent 2&3 when I was a child

My dad and I played a ton of Descent and then Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis as a kid, he was like obsessively into both games. Then we beat them and he never touched a video game again to my knowledge. Seems like that's a common dad thing based on this thread, it's weird. Maybe even though gaming isn't their hobby they want to achieve mastery over at least one or two before moving on