Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Growing up in the 90's, I was never big into comics. I knew OF Age of Apocalypse, or Batman: Knightfall (the ad just being the image of Bane breaking Batman's spine is ingrained in my mind forever) and I know Onslaught from MvC. I knew the characters from the (really excelent for their time) animated series. It's just in the last few years with DC and Marvel releasing omnibuses of the storylines that I've had a chance to read through Age of Apocalypse and Knightfall. Age of Apocalypse was actually a lot better than I was expecting, sure it was still 90's edgy, but you had things like Victor Creed being an outright hero.

When I started reading this thread, I was going to ask if the disdain for the Onslaught storyline was because it was actually bad, or just because it was told over a long period of time like Knightfall. I... we haven't even gotten to the storyline yet and I've lost all interest in picking up any TPB associated with it. I'll definitely contine to hate-read this thread, but so far what I've seen is a stark reminder of why I hated comics for so long. How many titles have we crossed over so far?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU