Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I wanted to expand on this a little because I reread it recently. This is also where we learn that Monet (or more likely, one of the twins) is Bishop's mother. With as disorganized as the writing of the time was, this was probably before the twins were created. I'm pretty sure that group of Hellions appeared just that one time and are then never mentioned again (presumably Emplate ate them)

My understanding is that while the twins hadn't been introduced yet, they'd always been part of the plan for who Monet was. The concept did get screwed around with a bit - originally, there wasn't going to be a 'real' Monet, nor was there meant to be a familial connection to Emplate, but the idea of who Monet was at this point was fairly well planned out.

IIRC, Emplate's Hellions don't even get named that in story; which makes sense, given that there's absolutely no reason for them to be using that name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I don't know if it was planned, but it's kinda neat that Gene Nation are the remnants of the Morlocks, while the Gambit plot is wrapping up the last loose ends of the Mutant Massacre storyline; it means the two plots have at least some relevance to each other.