Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I never touched the Victoria games because screen shot wise they are boooooooooooooring. I tried Vic 3 and it has been great fun but its true it isn't feature complete. Is Vic 2 a better experience right now? What are the biggest differences between the two? I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
What is the trick with small nations? I feel like I barely do anything for the first 40 years and that can't be "correct". Is it just about conquering all the nations with out standing armies on the map to grow the GDP with peasants?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
What the heck is making my GPU fan spin up when I zoom in and what can I do to stop it? :^|

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

RabidWeasel posted:

This might be common knowledge and I've just been missing out but setting a fixed FPS (either 30 or 60) and turning off V-Sync seems to give a solid performance boost. I wasn't expecting this as my graphics card never goes under a reasonable amount of load while playing V3 so it's presumably some kind of engine issue but I'm willing to have a slightly uglier game in exchange for more speed.

It "feels" faster but I'm not about to bust out a stopwatch and try to time week ticks with the settings on and off. I'm gunna take the advice and enjoy the placebo real or otherwise.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
What is the consensus on schooling? Public Schools feel like the no brainer but are there just certain countries where your only path forward is through Religious or Private Schools? Some laws feel like sidegrades rather than upgrades but that just may be me not having a super tight grasp on how all the game mechanics work with each other.

The UI compared to launch is great and I think its why I've gotten a second wind with the game. I even preordered the DLC.

Please more tool tips. All of the tool tips.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Does anyone play completely peaceful? It seems like all the youtubers are just constantly at war. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
So there are mods that merge pops and then there is also a setting inside the game itself that does it. What are the real pros and cons of doing this? I know heavy merging takes away some of the accuracy of the time period but how does it change actual "gameplay"? Does it make radicalization less of a threat?

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong with construction. I build sectors until white. I build industry until green. I build sectors until white and then all of a sudden I'm not a little negative white I'm huge negative white and I have to delete half my sectors. The input goods are silver coins, the output goods are silver coins. Wtf? I feel like I'll play the game for a dozen hours and get a grasp on a certain part of it and then realize I don't at all.

I swear its like I'm doing things the same way and then getting different outcomes each time.

FalloutGod fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 1, 2024

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I appreciate all of the replies. I think I'm starting to getting a better picture of what I need to be doing. I'm going to slow down trying to grow and see if that makes things easier. I always see people talking about having pages of constructions going at once so I figure thats where you need to go immediately from gamestart.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Is getting onto Proportional Taxation before you marginalize the landowners a requirement early game and if you miss your shot you have to wait until an agitator shows up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I've put around 200 hours into this game but this is the first time I've finished it. Finished a Sweden start forming Scandinavia and colonizing a good chunk of southern Africa. Vanilla game besides high pop merging in the settings. I managed 2nd place with 8019 prestige, 726m GDP, 24 SoL and 111M Population. 88M Loyalists which I thought was kinda rad and I only had 4 military techs left to unlock. I kissed a lot of foreign rear end because I don't super understand the military still.

E: Is there a trick to balancing all of the different PM's when it comes to Urban Centers and Railroad needs? There are 4 different kinds of trains with 3 different choices of wagon. At the end of my game I had like 30 states and it took quite a while keeping all that stuff somewhat even and not being inefficient. Same with the Urban Centers and what they need based on how big it is. You can nation wide change what you use but some of my states would have 200-300 extra infrastructure. Is that just kind of the game. Keeping your plates spinning nicely?

E2: Trade felt tricky too honestly. In the beginning I tried to make smart choices with my imports/exports but at the end it felt it turned into a buy it all and sell it all kind of deal because I had the convoys and the numbers were green. I guess thats the point of Laissez Faire and Free Trade laws?

FalloutGod fucked around with this message at 13:08 on May 6, 2024