Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
Honestly didn't expect this, hope it brings back the feeling of Vicky 1, I tried 2 but never got into it as much as 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Raenir Salazar posted:

The way I imagine it should work is that when you go to war you have some sort of subsystem to pass War Time wars to raise funds, expand the army etc that similar to the policies in Hoi4 only become available due to high jingoism/revanchism or because you're at war; but once you're out of the war there needs to be a political or economic pressure to start a draw down until your tech/laws/etc get to the point you can keep that expansion going (like the European states engaging in an arms race and Germany/UK passing social welfare reforms to have the political support and healthy population to sustain that build up).

The US historically demobilized quite significantly after each conflict keeping an easily expandable core of officers and NCOs which is somewhat of a special case but that can be modeled by the US's interest groups/pops being firmly anti-military until around WW1 to force that sort of elastic snapback to the pre-war normal.

CK1 had a good system for making you demobilize/sending the levees home afterward: they made them expensive as f*ck and if you kept them raised too long you went super bankrupt. I can't remember if that was true in Vicky 1 as well (It's true in EU4, for sure).

In CK2 I feel like they really failed to model that, if you want to see big countries demobilize after a war make armies super expensive to maintain.