Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I'm playing as German OPM and keep getting notifications about other OPMs supporting Prussia to unify Germany. Am I in danger of them doing that against my will? I'm part of the customs union with Prussia atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I started a war against a neighbouring country but for some reason there isn't a front. What's going on here? Is this some bug and I have to wait until they or I give up?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Arrath posted:

Is the shared border impassable?

Not that I can tell (do you have an example of such a case?). It's the west and east halves of the Saxony region. I believe I tried a war at some earlier point in the game and there was a front but one of the other neighbours might have been involved as well.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I just had a war where I was defending in mountains with 26 vs 32 units and even tech plus my general had defensive strategist + mountain combat expert. Somehow lost most of my battles for some reason. I noticed the mountain combat expert bonus didn't seem to apply? My bataillons just got worse and worse morale and pushed back a few times and then I got annexed. :(

Feels like when I try an attack like that I need at least 2x numbers to make any kind of advances and even then it takes many failed attacks.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I really don't get how the combat works. When I attack the AI with 10 offense vs 16 defense I get smacked down and when they counterattack me with 10 offense vs 16 defense I get smacked down? How? Also not rotating fresh units to the front even if the frontlines move is a bit weird but without it I guess war would be super static.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I'm playing Peru-Bolivia (minor power) and have Argentina (also minor power) in a customs union with me. Should I have the 'make protectorate' play available? I tried that and they yielded before going to war and nothing happened. From the tooltip I'm guessing since they are also minor power I can't make them a protectorate?

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
What do I need to do when one of my army HQs becomes unreachable from other armies? It is oversees but I have enough convoys and I'm not sure what's going on. I'm not in a war either.

Edit: Nevermind, disappeared after reloading.

elbkaida fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 1, 2024

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
If none of my interest groups want Multiculturalism then I can only get it from agitators right? I have the feeling I might not get the egalitarian society objective in this current game lol

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Does Persia have a good amount of capitalists etc? I just started a game as Mexico and in a number of provinces that have great resources I struggled to get mines/workshops/steel mills going at capacity simply because there was a shortage of aristocrats willing to work there, they rather sat in some plantation.

Is the solution to the above just education and general buildup of industry?

In one case I had a goldmine that couldn't employ any workers (sat at ~150) because it wasn't profitable - how does that even work? It eventually sorted itself out but I ran into a good amount of debt by then :v:

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

RabidWeasel posted:

Perhaps confusingly, you don't want existing capitalists to work in your buildings, you want to convert other pops into capitalists. Which is done via providing education access and wealth. The main cause of "I can't employ anyone" is a general lack of population; you might have 100k peasants, but those peasants are mostly too poorly educated to get promoted to better jobs. If you instead have 1 million peasants in a single state, the small proportion of better educated / richer peasants will be able to move up to better jobs.

So basically you're saying I should try and stuff everything I can into Mexico City until other provinces have become capable of supporting industry through growth and education?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
My latest game keeps crashing when auto-saving, are there any known issues around that? It's becoming more regular in the 1920s now.