Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Couldn't you theoretically only have a single building that just determines input and output goods entirely via its production methods? Assuming you have the number of states to make that work, anyway. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

The concept of a limited war is something these games need to toy around with more imo. HoI4 does it a little bit but I haven't been hands on with it more than once or twice. But V3 could definitely do something like, "this war is less diplomatically involved and you can only push very limited wargoals, but only armies/regiments trained in the specific and maybe adjacent regions can get involved". It would serve to reflect some things like colonial wars and prevent situations like Japan having to deal with 500 Russian regulars and a fully mobilised reserve over Port Arthur or Britain resolving a minor spat in the Great Game by making a landing on St Petersburg. And it would require players to invest in their colonial garrisons if they want to have a serious colonial empire.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I just saw this thread and apparently Vicky3 has actually been released??? Long time EU4 player, how many years should I plan to wait before this game is actually playable? Or is it by some paradox miracle decent as is?

It is quite good in its current state, but as Zeron said the upcoming June update will bring some much-desired changes. One of the biggest issues currently (at least for me) is the AI making poor building choices and not exploiting its resources aggressively enough, which makes getting access to those resources when you don't directly control them a pain - the update will overhaul building ownership and let you do foreign investments which should benefit soft power expanders a lot.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

There are PMs you can unlock that increase the amount of input goods but those input goods also have unlockable PMs that increase their production. If you focus on industry over resource extraction you are going to run into that issue. Ultimately you want to invest in your mines, both in terms of expanding them and in terms of researching better tech for them. Getting cheaper coal and iron will have knock-on effects where the rest of your industry's efficiency will go up just because their inputs or their inputs' inputs will be cheaper.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Alternatively pulse construction if you feel like your iron/steel/glass industries can tank the demand drop. As long as you build often enough that they can stay afloat it can work. But you should be aiming towards making those goods cheap enough and your economy big enough that you can handle being at full construction without completely destroying your treasury/credit.