Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Orange Devil posted:

Prior to German unification Austria was absolutely seen as part of "the German nation" and whether or not Austria would be part of the unification was a major issue in the timeperiod. But nowadays it's thought of as almost "natural" that Germany and Austria are separate nations with their own separate nationalism and "natural" homelands so to speak.

"No Austria, you can't join Germany" was written into treaties after both world wars, so it's not like Austrians just naturally decided not to join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
The tiny German countries are all pointless except Luxembourg, the true restorer of the Frankish empire

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

Is subsidizing railways basically mandatory to run economy smoothly? Transportation doesn't seem very profitable even when inputs are cheap and transportation is expensive. But letting them run on their own ends up with them understaffed amidst transportation and infrastructure shortage everywhere.
Also canals, shouldn't they collect transit fees or something? Instead they're just a prestige buff and a shortcut with no discernable way of monetary profit.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

What did they do with migration in 1.6? I had a game as Lanfang before the patch the migrants from china were piling in so fast I didn't know what to do with them; after the patch - 0 migration

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

RabidWeasel posted:

If anyone's having problems with migration; early reports suggest that there might be a bug where the migration controls law sometimes stops allowing migration unless you also have multiculturalism active, so until it's fixed I'd suggest always passing no migration controls.

This doesn't always happen though, I was getting normal migration in my game yesterday with migration controls.

There's definitely something wrong there - post-patch as Lanfang I wasn't getting any migration aside from internal. And that's with no migration control, and China also had no migration control.
Even became migration target of Chinese cultures couple of times but no migrants actually came. Nobody from Korea either.
I wonder what's going on in Europe?

oh, carry on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

Don't think the sliders are needed, hardwood and porcelain are just not consumed enough for you to use the third setting; since main product is always in much higher demand.
Even using the middle setting everywhere is often too much, both of those modes should just have the effects significantly reduced.