Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Mayor Dave posted:

Vicky 2 was the first paradox game I ever played, and I'm unreasonably excited for this

Absolutely :same:
I have a new computer I'm working towards (basically hoping GPU prices will become reasonable) and I suspect Vicky 3 will make for a good goal to look toward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Possibly my favorite Paradox LP thing ever is a short interlude in the Azeri LP in which Wiz played a mod called STEPPE WOLFE for EU which was supposed to cover all of history from the middle ages all the way to the modern age. As you might expect the whole thing was a complete mess and absolutely hilarious. Highlights of a 1990 start included the Soviet Union re-instating Tsardom, leading to Gorbachov, Tsar of the Comintern, Autocrat of the Proletariat, the resulting Soviet-Azeri Dual Monarchy, and obscene bonuses to Bulgaria which coincidentally happened to be where the mod author was from.

Which Bulgaria tho? Didn't that mod have like, a double-digit amount of Bulgarias?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Wiz posted:

Not my fault you guys aren't asking the important questions :colbert:

How many Bulgarias are there going to be?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

a pipe smoking dog posted:

He's not going to stop until there are an infinite number of Bulgarias

Why is that man not leading the development of V3? Without his guidance it's clearly not going to have enough Bulgarias

That said, Wiz still hasn't answered my question about how many Bulgarias there will be so who knows :tinfoil:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

This is more related to fog of war situations than corruption, but it seems like it would be cool have secret deals. An alliance for example, but not public, or like "if you attack X country for Y war goal, we'll also attack them for Z war goal", and if you break them you get a big loss with that country but nothing public. Maybe sorta like CK2 plots, where they can be backed and discovered, and support can be withdrawn.

Not sure how appropriate it would be tho.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

It did but players would hate it

Players can use it too. Make a secret deal with France to gang up on Belgium, you get their Europe lands, France gets their colonies. Deals against you? Invest in espionage to figure them out

I know it's not that simple, it just seems like an interesting thing in the game, rather than having everything be public to everyone

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Poil posted:

Is that canon?

Nothing after 1054 is canon. Copts are on thin ice. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Party In My Diapee posted:

Do we know what formable countries exist?

Probably Bulgaria is one of them