Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I vote for the most important things for a great game to be state diplomacy, conflict and imperialism, as well as internal and global politics and ideology connected to pops. Trains and buildings i'm not so worried about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I hope they don't spend a lot of time fleshing out obscure ideologies or historical events. I'd much rather they focus on getting the basic mechanics polished then add neo-reactionary space communism with buddhist characteristics in a dlc.

As long as meaningful differences and interactions between the standard ideologies and governments are part of the basic mechanics.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Agean90 posted:

I think there was a dev diary that talked about it. Iirc it basically means people willing to use violence for polical goals. The more you have the closer you are to entering the cool zone

But different kinds of radicals shouldn't work together, right?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Will your war strategy impact your success in a war or is it just a matter of assigning generals and hoping you have a bigger population and better tech? In vic 2 you could lead obscure nations to success against European great powers if lucky and clever with your units. I hope i still have a chance of winning as the Sikh Empire against Great Britain for example.

Not complaining, just wondering how it will work.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I don't care about which nation i start as, but which nation i can form. The ultimate reward in any paradox game.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
If nothing bad is ever allowed to happen to the player the game will be immensely unchallenging and lifeless. The thing that usually kills interest in these games is the lack of challenge.

They could just make a bad events: yes/no game rule.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
If Victoria 3 isn't amazing I'm going to lose my ability to feel human for sure 😟

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Eiba posted:

Why should the person who made a better economy (including military economy) be easily defeated by the person who can play an abstract troop positioning mini-game better?

Can an overall weaker power actually build a better military economy to win wars, though? Or is it just a nice thought? I haven't paid attention to the developer diaries, but i have learnt to be sceptical of Paradox.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
But I want historical simulations :(

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Do we know what formable countries exist?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Does starting a game with objectives instead of sandbox do anything other than, you know, give you prefixed objectives with no reward?

I'm pretty sure i am a sandbox player, but I am not sure if i am missing something.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Why is my offensive and defensive rating so crap? Is it only determined by tech?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I'm pretty sure the game is bad. At least if you were hoping for an improved Victoria 2. All the focus is on buildings and fancy graphics, the rest seems lifeless or silly.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
I wouldn't play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Radia posted:

if the victoria series is your poo poo victoria 3 has been the best yet since release

I would say that victoria 3 is not so much an upgrade to the victoria series than a new take on the period. Enjoying the previous games could affect your enjoyment in both good and bad ways so i would try it before buying. Personally i feel like the economy took too much space, but it seems like other parts are getting there too and its more of a disappointment in what vic 3 could have been, not that vic 2 did any of it better or at all.