Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I got onto the Paradox train after V2 but have heard some poo poo, yo. What years did V2 cover? The rough time period is like... probably the time period I'm most interested in. The "running a society as a garden simulation" is well, one of the pleasures I still get out of my various CK and Stellaris runs.

Look, I'll be buying this day 1. I don't have any preconceived ideas about what a Victoria game is so I'm pretty much just happy. They could release CK3 with different outfits and I'd probably be pleased. But if they stick to their stated design principles this could be one of my favorite Paradox games, the one in line with the way I end up playing/enjoying most of their other games.

edit:

that reddit post from ign or whatever posted:

Capitalists work completely differently from Vicky 2. Capitalism isn't "Let The AI Do It Mode." Instead, Capitalists (and sometimes Aristocrats depending on your laws) invest profits from buildings they own into a new resource pool separate from state funds called the Investment Pool, which you can only spend on certain things based on your laws and economic system. So you are still personally directing the expansion of industry in a capitalist economy, with some restrictions.

never mind, looks like Paradox isn't serious about their economic simulation at all. Capitalists choosing to invest profits into the wider society? loving ludicrous

Digital Osmosis fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU