Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Really hope I can reform Gran Columbia and become an arms manufacturing powerhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

TwoQuestions posted:

My dumb rear end tried to play it over lunch break "for a few minutes". Luckily it wasn't too long, but holy balls game good.

:same:

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Never in my life in any game have I played as Sweden and had fun but I just did for 5hrs straight. Great game, map is great other than towns that didn’t exist in 18** being there. Great job though dudes, game owns

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I stayed up super late because there is always one more thing to build/adjust/change/etc. game seems to have a solid base and I’m quite excited for what the future of it looks like :)

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Xerophyte posted:

my Scandinavia's 920M

Nice! Is there any other way to form Scandinavia than just taking over Denmark? We had an alliance but they cancelled for whatever reason. They owe me an obligation so I can maybe use that to get them in my market at least? Not sure.

GB is colonizing everything in my game, even the tiny island north of mainland Japan (I forget the name).

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I could just suddenly form Scandinavia? By going to the culture screen? Cool I clicked it and got some colonies as well.

Love the economy in this game it’s some poo poo man ahh yeah and I’m going to build skyscrapers maybe because I see Paris has some

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

About to take on the Dutch east indies because I’m already killing every whale in the world for oil :/

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Hell yeah got east Borneo to secure oil and doing that pretty much seems like a requirement late since nobody builds oil?

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I was losing an insane amount of money and turns out I had subsidized my urban center which was costing me 93k a week … so I’m no longer subsidizing it. Crazy.

Stockholm is the engine capital of the universe!

How do they get Finland in to the fold if they’re still a part of Russia? I don’t see anything about releasing Finland in the diplomatic interactions I can do with Russia

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

What's the deal with those colonial claims events? You take infamy or cede claims/territory to another colonial power. Are these the result of some diplomatic play, or is it just RNG?

I have a bit of togo, britian has the other half and I got so sick of this happening every 90 days I finally was gently caress it, you can have a claim on it but they never took it (via war I guess) and I still keep getting that claim event. Since like 1880 or something.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Demon_Corsair posted:

Have they fixed the combat division number bug yet? War is the most frustrating thing in the world.

Ahh I had the greatest army in the world, 200+ divisions all well equipped so I started a war with Russia and lost because it was constantly 3 divisions vs 113 (???)

Also Columbia is rough man. How am I supposed to become the king of South America when I’m constantly riding my credit limit building one plantation every few years ahhh.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Yay I reformed gran Columbia, you have no idea how happy that makes me. I did have to sell my soul to the British though … :/

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

1.1 changes look good. I’m having a great time with Gran Columbia but I have a general at a HQ with no troops and some troops with no general at another HQ.. can I really not assign the general those troops? I’m about to take over Chile.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Germany unified / formed in my game they have 1114 battalions and like 500 or something conscripts lol

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Is playing as Persia any fun? So far had two super fun runs as Sweden/Scandinavia and Gran Columbia (I highly recommend you do a Gran Columbia run! The 40s, 50s, and some of the 60s are rough though)

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I haven't played this I guess since release really but was watching some videos the other day and got the itch to play again.

My goal is Gran Columbia - I took Ecuador right off the start and am thinking about attacking northern Peru because getting Lima is always pretty sweet but I started with like, no economy at all or very little at least.

I read up on all the 1.5/1.6 changes so I think I have a grasp on local markets and stuff but am wondering how to industrialize such a poor nation anymore - build construction sites and do the local loop of iron/wood I keep seeing videos and slowly build up?

Can I just take Venezuela right now or do they have to be a lower type of power than myself? What's a good way to reduce them to insignificant if that's not an option?

I like the newer army stuff, it's a step in right direction and the next DLC looks pretty sweet (foreign investment will get me to play this a LOT!). I hope they pull it off because I had a lot of fun with this when it came out ... then turned out every play through was basically the same.

mst4k fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Awesome thanks the tips! Bolivars dream will not go unfulfilled.