Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
missed the ground floor but still saying ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

Gotta have my pops

They very fact that you call it pop pop tells me your not ready for it.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Can we confirm WASD map controls?

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Did we find out if the camera uses WASD controls or are they still weird hotkeys no one uses?

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
It's fine to have hotkeys but UI is pretty standardized. It's frustrating to have it in Stellaris and not HoI4. I played hoi2 when it was released, I love paradox, but don't make me put my left hand on the arrow keys plz.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

yikes! posted:

Do you not know about holding middle mouse to pan or just not like it? I do that even with wasd controls

I'm not a big fan of it personally. I usually have a push to talk button queued to that.

I get there are alternatives, and I also have fond memories of Paradox Games being obscure and weird, thus making me a better gamer than other people.

But like, just standardize the UI across your games plz.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
lol that was more about me. I remember telling people about Paradox games, and being like, 'yeah i mean i guess there is a lot going on Civ 4, but wait till you play EU2' and the difficult UI being a badge of honor.

Similarly, I can play Dwarf Fortress with my eyes closed, because I memorized the Byzantine pattern of button presses to do what I want.

I'm getting old. Weird old UIs and legacy button presses aren't good prima facie. Paradox has taken many steps to 'mainstream' their games, and I think WASD map controls are a part of that.

Last thing, moving the mouse to the edge generally works, unless you have 2 monitors. In which case, your cursor goes off the screen, and your map scrolls that direction until it gets back on. You have accurate control of 3 directions, not 4.

Paradox released 2 grand strategy games in 2016, one of them has WASD controls, one does not. The one that does not, does not allow me to adjust what the key inputs do, and only the 'W' is assigned to anything.

Y'alls mileage may vary. I don't like putting my left hand on the arrow keys. After 20+ years of doing it, it's hurting my wrist.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Will there be WASD map controls?

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
WASD controls, anything else is just gravy.

Who knows, maybe in 5 or 10 years every Paradox game will use WASD controls.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Malaria and Severe Malaria should have different icons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

eXXon posted:

How is this so hard for them to fix :psyduck:

Presumably leaders tend to live long in Victoria because they don't want famously long lived Queen Victoria dying 15 years into the game