Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
gently caress the Lakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
The Nets' fourth option is the best catch and shoot three guy in the league apparently (???)

Hardly seems fair???

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Anthony "Big Whistle" Davis again redefined the matchup today by pouring in 34 points with ONLY 21 free throw attempts. Ayton once again received 0, despite visibly being fouled at the rim several times. Unfortunately, that's what happens when you don't fall to the ground and writhe like a Spanish soccer player every time you get contact.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

for some reason ayton has never attempted more than 2 free throws per game in a season over his three year career whereas davis averages 6-8 routinely. i guess he's unusually bad at "drawing contact" or something? needs to take acting lessons like the rest of the league

He doesn't seem to do the "yank your head back and scream AUGHHH" thing at all. As stupid as it is I think it probably costs him a lot of points.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Anyone remember the bulls?

IIRC they disbanded after MJ retired

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Everyone wanted to see Wizards vs Nets for the matchup between the 6'11" guy who shoots 55% on midrange jumpers and the guy who would come off the bench if he played for that same Nets team, because they used to be teammates.

Let's be honest, it would have been the most disappointing series in years.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Jokic is fun because he's a giant flailing jelly man who moves at about 8 mph and then he chucks up the ball at the stupidest angle and it always goes in. Good "novelty value."

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
If the Grizzlies had some players who could shoot they would probably be "good".

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

with jamal murray/cp3 getting injured and the clippers stinking it the gently caress up i honestly think the jazz are probably the only team with a real shot of beating the lakers in the west. the east is way more interesting this year with the bucks/76ers/nets all in it

lakers/nets has an aura of inevitability to it and the jazz remind me of the 2002 kings where they probably are the best overall team in the west but will somehow get screwed over by refs due to being a small market franchise. part of me wants a utah/bucks final just because it would hurt the nba's business so much but i know that can't happen because of the bilderbergs and the freemasons

AD is going to draw a whistle every time he gets denied by Gobert, which will be happening a lot. It's going to suck. Utah is still so much better on the perimeter that they might just shoot their way through it anyway.

Clips could also still beat the Mavs, I doubt the Mavs can keep hitting 50% of their threes, which is how they've been able to open up their leads. The Clips have more talent and Kawhi is playing well. Anything could happen there, the Mavs haven't been the image of consistency in the past.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

I know this is veering into great man theory but I don’t think LeBron James needs ref help to go super sayian and win a series at any time. he’ll get ref help obviously but I don’t think it’ll be more than his usual amount

He doesn't get as many calls as he used to anyway because he's adjusted to become more of a shooter/passer than a rim attacker. Probably pretty necessary at age 37. He'll get a whistle every time he does attack the rim and finds any contact whatsoever, though.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Is Chris Paul still crippled?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
:justpost:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Watching Lakers Suns while working out and it appears that AD is given free throws every 80 or so seconds regardless of what's going on in the game. Meanwhile the entire Lakers defense body slams Ayton ever time he attacks the rim and he apparently still has zero (0) free throws this entire series.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Just saw a Suns player get tackled on the fast break with no call, why am I bothering to watch this poo poo?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Chris Paul being crippled pretty much dooms this Suns team, he's worse than a backup player at this point and they're still playing him. He may as well have one hand ties behind his back.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

yes his shoulder is completely hosed, he should just get the operation now as even if he sat for a week and they somehow won the series he'd be in the same exact position. it's one of those injuries where unless you get it surgically repaired it's waaaaaaaaaay more likely to reoccur, and even with the operation it's iffy

I'm no CP fan but this poo poo really sucks from a neutral watching the matchup point or view. All the cool underdog teams keep getting hurt!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fortaleza posted:

Missed the game but apparently the blazers lost. I’m assuming they got jobbed by the refs as that’s the only explanation that fits both the facts and my emotions, which are equally real.

Austin Rivers looked unstoppable when I tuned in for the fourth quarter so it was probably pretty funny overall.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

the kings have gone longer than any major league sports team not making the playoffs aside from the seattle mariners, and in seattle's defense they play in a sport where only 4/15 teams in their league make it rather than the 8/15 teams in an nba conference. the kings are absolutely the most cursed franchise in sports and we honestly should have just let seattle take them

Keep the faith. They have roughly as much talent as some of the other low seeds so they'll probably eventually stumble into a 7 or 8 seed season and the accompanying humiliating sweep.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I almost want the Clips to win because the Luka fans are hitting almost unthinkable levels of insufferable but I also love seeing Pat Beverley get mentally annihilated

Many sides!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Celtics up???

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Grizzlies have some drat heart

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

nets have to beat Milwaukee first

Yes, and the Bucks bring the equivalent of almost 60% of their talent to bear. Could be interesting!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Making 3 field goals on my way to a 19 pt/14 assist / 21 rebound triple double in a victory

As soon as that game ended in a win on 3/19 shooting the Russellmaniacs on reddit started saying Westbrook is a "top 5 PG all time" again and basically, I need to stay away from that site to maintain my sanity.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Who would you say the top 5 point guards are ?

In no order I’d say : tony Parker, Lebron James, magic, Kidd, Thomas? I guess Chris Paul but he’s flames out at the highest levels

I can’t go before 1985 or so . I never saw those guys play

I don't know enough about pre-2000s ball to make a legit all-time list, but I do know that wb isn't even a top 5 PG in the league today. There is an enormous amount of talent at the position and if you're not a shooter you pretty much have to be a Ben Simmons-tier defender to make up for it. A few years back during the Bestbrook years he might have been there. I think he's just such an entertaining player that people talk themselves into thinking he can compete at the top level, when realistically he's a 4th option on offense and an average-to-slightly above average defender who plays with a ton of energy.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Westbrook not even top 10 right now. Curry/Conley/Kyrie/Murray/Lillard/Simmons/CP3/Holiday/Morant/Fox/Young/Lavine/Doncic/LaMelo/healthy Kemba are all better

I keep coming up with new ones who can actually shoot and having to edit

I dunno about LaMelo but yeah, pretty much all of the playoff teams have better PGs other than the Lakers, who refuse to hire anyone who can shoot even though half the league wants to play there and the AD+Bron+overpaid center lineup they run absolutely demands to be surrounded by shooting talent.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
The big question on everyone's mind: will the Nets cover the spread???

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

The big question on everyone's mind: will the Nets cover the spread???

Well, they did it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Ayton is actually getting free throws. Lakers hosed

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

I no longer think Lebron is the goat.

He's old as heck honestly, I don't know what people expect at this point

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

how bad is small meniscus tear

Not the kind of thing you want to "hurry back" from.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

brad stevens looks just like mayor pete

Stevens was part of the 1.0 batch. Mayo is from the next iteration that came five years later.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Will the Knicks get sent off in humiliating fashion at the Garden today, Y/N?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

good chance they lose to the wizards

What

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Euph your takes are killing me

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Stevie Lee posted:

5 of 8 tonight!!

also 7/11 on FGs

e: how'd he get 11 assists while only playing defense hmm?

Handing the ball to Seth Curry, probably

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Also lmao @ the Knicks and Foolius Scandal

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Lakers ded so what

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

indigi posted:

Lebron is washed

He still looks great for his age, but he certainly isn't going to be carrying teams on his own going forward. He gets smothered on contested layups.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
The post-LeBron era has begun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

Luka is no where near Lebron Lmao

LeBron is unironically washed my man