Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Are you planning on only posting about basketball in cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Sixers cruelly left out of the eastern conference finals due to referees, the mafia, and society

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Telluric Whistler posted:

Sam Hinkie pissed off agents and other owners, which is the realest sin.

ATL had a racist GM and terribad team but they played nice with players who wanted out and backed up dump trucks for Gallo and Bogdanovic

So the league definitely let ATL get away with more tanking (and they have backed off on the Sixers since they too backed up dump trucks and made nice with agents and owners)

Trae Young gets a lot of calls by forcing contact. This has been a thing forever but has been perfected in this era because defenders are often closing out or slipping a screen and you can force more calls. However, everyone knows this and if you're not trying to get foul calls this way you are doing NBA Chivalric Codes and you are a nerd loser.

Unfortunately Joel Embiid also gets a tremendous amount of foul calls. In ten LESS games this year he had 2 total more FTs than Trae. If he didn't have injury issues and need rest he gets 700+ FTA, over 120 more than the next guy on the list.

Tonight, Trae Young and Joel Embiid were sitting near their season average for FTA, then Trae got 4 extra because the Sixers had to foul him to get possession back.

What I'm saying is Kevin Heurter, the inheritor of the Matt Bonner New Balance NBA Face of the Game, killed your team because Thybulle slapped him on the head - which is a foul.

Cry more

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

euphronius posted:

Trae literally does the movements from the monster in Pan's Labyrinth (El laberinto del fauno). hes a creature from the imagination of Guillermo del Toro

When you’re right you’re right

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Trae young looks like if you used the machine from The Fly on boris karloff and a shower drain, and this is why it’s funny he defeated the 76ers, entirely fairly and justly

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

euphronius posted:

it means more nba

If the tv ratings aren’t high enough for an nba season, the next one gets cancelled

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

If the refs are in the tank for trae then why did they just injure him

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1410017744578174978 The philadelphia 76ers paid the referees to intentionally injure trae young, due to the hawks defeating the ref- and league-favored 76ers in the playoffs

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Euphronius is turning me into the joker

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The Maestro posted:

Defensive WS measures defensive efficiency and minutes played basically. 1 DWS = 1 win added to the team’s record. Jokic plays a lot of minutes and plays pretty efficient defense. Stats are not the end all be all but should be used as a tool to inform what you are seeing, rather than ignored entirely because of “fantasy basketball mentality.” If you have an opinion on a player but the stats say the opposite, you should investigate both your opinion and the stat and try to get a clearer picture. The stats are just numbers. They don’t have opinions - some of them may have biases, but that can be taken into account.

He lost in the second round of the playoffs, so currently he actually has zero "win" shares

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I am in agreement with euphronius, indigi & ‘a new study bible!’ that sports journalists, like all journalists, are fleas on society’s back and need to be exterminated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

a new study bible! posted:

Ty I am sorry about the nets. I hope you guys flip Simmons for something good.

very odd year because the nets and Celtics are both likable.

I am confident that Ben Simmons will start next season on the nets, that he will end the season on the nets, that he will play for the majority of games, and that he will be good. I believe these things with all my heart