Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

i think the games are too long and it is harmful because this lowers the chances for underdogs to win. i don't like it when they foul each other on purpose because it is the most strategic thing to do. otherwise i think it is a very good sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

The Mavs are the Tesla of the NBA send tweet

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

good guys won

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

need a bet for tonight. what we doin folks

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

As a guy that only occasionally watches NBA games and then watches a bit more often in the playoffs, the Jokic MVP makes no sense to me. And that is why it's the perfect MVP.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

the ref chat and appeal to some NBA illuminati here is identical to every NBA sports betting chat. So my only question is... -4 Boston or try to get it lower live?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Feel like poo poo. Just want NBA playoffs back.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Azathoth posted:

luv 2 draft guys who look like a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man in the hope that they can pack on 50 lbs of muscle without their limbs doing an anime explosion when encountering real contact

remember seeing an interview with i think brandon ingram after he was drafted where he talked about having some mandatory app on his phone that told him when to stuff his gullet and he clearly loving hated it

i would love that app. got a link?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

How are the bulls looking for next season? Better or worse?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

go bulls

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

synapse posted:

go bulls

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

I want you to post about the NFL

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Investments in Nikola Jokic MVP futures have beaten the S&P by 20 times over the last 2 years

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

euphronius posted:

if he doesn’t get his head out of his rear end he could easily slide down to the joker tier of players

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/cantstop69ing/status/1583467859480485888?t=y3fHdKTtesH4AXlVQNP41Q&s=19

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

euphronius posted:

it doesn’t work! he sucks !

he is the mvp

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

jumping past a few pages: Has anyone realized that the first 3 letters of Jokic are the same as the first 3 letters of Joker

Edit: yes it appears so

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

In 4 seasons Nikola Jokic has ZERO conference championships, 885 turnovers. He has started 0-1 in 3 of his first 4 playoff games. His teammates hate him. He’s terrible for chemistry. He has no heart no desire to win. he is 16-25 vs teams over 500. Sixers are 22-8 in their last 30 games with Joel Embiid

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

just looking at the Jokic all star game stat line. Huh

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

I think everyone here should agree on what teams and players are good

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Cannot stop laughing at these clips

https://twitter.com/mollyhannahm/status/1646330069336350720?s=19

https://twitter.com/FeelLikeDrew/status/1646329827031384065?s=19

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Bob Toads

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

In Training posted:

personally if I was trae young id make every shot I took

I'd make even more than that

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

That's the mvp

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

They should let Udonis start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Azathoth posted:

If you don't find laser accurate no look passes exciting, I don't know what to say. Short of a posterizing power dunk, it's the coolest play in the NBA just on a pure "holy poo poo did you see that" eye test. Like, sitting watching the game and getting fooled on where the ball went, just like the defense, then seeing a replay and going holy poo poo is awesome and you don't gotta be a superfan who knows offensive and defensive schemes to see it.

Jokic's problem from a marketability perspective is that he's not charismatic. It definitely doesn't help that English isn't his first language but contrast him with Giannis, who can't help but ooze charisma even past the language barrier. The problem isn't Jokic's game being unmarketable, it's him personally.

And, to be clear, that's not like, his fault. It's not like he's Barry Bonds and being a surly dick to everyone while also being one of the best players, he's just not a magnetic person.

He needs to lean into his aesthetic and launch basketball x hunting shoes at Cabela's. I wanna see him out there with camo shoes.