Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
If you do faction PvP you wind up flagged in the open world (you can unflag free once / day).

It's a bad idea to afk when you are flagged.

After that flawless victory I took to the skies for an aerial second round, but I guess this person wasn't interested.

That sure looked like "verbal abuse" to me, so I sent some feedback along through the reporting chain.

Just doing my part for the Mysticism faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

CuddleCryptid posted:

I understand that, but why ban it in English but not in mandarin if you are trying to censor it

Two different teams with notoriously bad instructions. Or they banned Chin* since they thought a slur would be coming.

There could be a lot of reasons but it really comes down to bad instructions.

They probably hired a team to do the black list for english that was not in house.

Snarxle
Apr 23, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

If you do faction PvP you wind up flagged in the open world (you can unflag free once / day).

It's a bad idea to afk when you are flagged.

After that flawless victory I took to the skies for an aerial second round, but I guess this person wasn't interested.

That sure looked like "verbal abuse" to me, so I sent some feedback along through the reporting chain.

Just doing my part for the Mysticism faction.

Hmm, I went heaven's children. Wonder if we should standardize a faction or just have inter-guild fight club.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

You don’t always have to report people for flaming. Sometimes it’s enjoyable to watch. The day I murder someone and they say “Jolly good show chap” is probably the day I uninstall everything and take up gardening.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crowfall has been a good source of meltdowns in world chat over PvP.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

I said come in! posted:

Crowfall has been a good source of meltdowns in world chat over PvP.

I founded into that YEARS ago with a buddy. Got an email saying it was live the other day and just kinda shrugged and ignored it.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Any challenging pve activities outside of dungeons and raids in this game? I read about stuff like bounties but idk if they are just easy dailies or actual challenging solo content.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
So I think my quest progress poo poo bugged out. Does anyone know what I need to do to trigger these quests?

I've already basically finished the next questline in the city and have completed the next major instance.

SweetBro fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jul 19, 2021

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Ort posted:

Any challenging pve activities outside of dungeons and raids in this game? I read about stuff like bounties but idk if they are just easy dailies or actual challenging solo content.

Bounties are easy dailies. You can barely do some of the team ones solo once geared and those are a few minutes of excitement. There are open-world bosses a few times per week but they mostly amount to "get invited to the group that tags the monster" and not super challenging.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

CubicalSucrose posted:

Bounties are easy dailies. You can barely do some of the team ones solo once geared and those are a few minutes of excitement. There are open-world bosses a few times per week but they mostly amount to "get invited to the group that tags the monster" and not super challenging.

There are solo, team (5), and group (10) scaled enemies for the bounties/hunts. The solo ones are easy for anyone, the team ones you can solo based on gear+class+enemy (or maybe if you bust out a companion, haven't tried that), but the group ones you aren't going to get close to solo'ing. Even if you were able to handle the incoming damage they've got a timer that resets them if you take too long, so you pretty much need a tank+heal+enough dps.

The open world bosses are a separate thing, and are around for everyone to mob down. They do a lot less damage and have no timer, though they have boatloads of hp.

In terms of challenging solo content not really, I guess trying to get through normal difficulty dungeons with just companions would be something to try. Generally challenging solo activity isn't an mmo thing to be honest.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

To be clear there is supposed to be harder content released on a regular schedule, the current amount that is there is basically a tutorial.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Has anyone unlocked the achievement for collecting (probably means executing) Jedi Backlashes? The achievement for doing one is called “Exciting, But not dangerous” and for doing 100 of them is called “You have three tricks!” And unlocks the title of “Shadow”.

I’ve tried to figure out what it might be from the achievement name and the title it gives. But I’m lost.

I’ve apparently done it once, but I can’t replicate it at all. Not sure if it’s Beserker specific.

In terms of 3 tricks, the only thing Zerker has 3 of is the teleport dodge while charging cloud ripper and the normal 3 jumps aswell as a 3 charge cloud ripper.

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I think it means killing a mob while on extremely low life, like 1% low.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Estraysian posted:

I think it means killing a mob while on extremely low life, like 1% low.

Legend, thanks.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Finally got a chance to get into a hard mode and try the extra boss. It was fun. We did not clear it.

Rinzla
Feb 11, 2019

Corbeau posted:

Finally got a chance to get into a hard mode and try the extra boss. It was fun. We did not clear it.

Some of them are a pain. I think the easiest one is the big golem thing.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Just incase you were not aware. The yellow < arrows next to your cosmetic accessories to adjust how it sits and some other stuff depending on the item.

randombattle fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 24, 2021

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
Actually got around to playing now, am on the EU servers as Congming the Spellblade if any goons want to Wuxia sometimes.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

My Crab is Fight posted:

Actually got around to playing now, am on the EU servers as Congming the Spellblade if any goons want to Wuxia sometimes.

Hell yeah! Me and my gf ended up joining an LGBTQ+ alliance called rainbow, we've been in it for all of....2 days, so no idea if they're any good :shrug: I'll see if I can add you next time I'm online

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Xun posted:

Hell yeah! Me and my gf ended up joining an LGBTQ+ alliance called rainbow, we've been in it for all of....2 days, so no idea if they're any good :shrug: I'll see if I can add you next time I'm online

Hopefully they're not insanely poo poo at least. Don't know how friend adding works, do both people have to be online? Hopefully not.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
How are people liking the game now that it’s been out for a few weeks? Are there still a good number of people playing? It looks like a cool world with fun classes, am a bit on the fence given the feedback about bad translation but I am not a hugely story driven player.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Ort posted:

How are people liking the game now that it’s been out for a few weeks? Are there still a good number of people playing? It looks like a cool world with fun classes, am a bit on the fence given the feedback about bad translation but I am not a hugely story driven player.

It's pretty fun. I like that I can get stuff done and am not forced into grinding hard modes endlessly since they're weekly lockouts. I've been messing around with treasure maps, fishing, and stuff lately. Just exploring is fun. I wouldn't say it's a super hardcore serious game, but raids are coming out this thursday I think so there's that.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I am having a blast leveling in this game! I will reach out for an invite to the goon guild tonight!

Ort posted:

The translations are kinda meh so far. I absolutely love xianxia and wuxia storylines, so I have a lot of background going into the game on what things mean. I haven't thought the translations being a bit poor has detracted from my experience, but I am also not super story/lore driven when I play games. If I can get the general idea, then that is good enough. Haha!

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Pragmatica posted:

I am having a blast leveling in this game! I will reach out for an invite to the goon guild tonight!

The translations are kinda meh so far. I absolutely love xianxia and wuxia storylines, so I have a lot of background going into the game on what things mean. I haven't thought the translations being a bit poor has detracted from my experience, but I am also not super story/lore driven when I play games. If I can get the general idea, then that is good enough. Haha!

The more the merrier!

Also, an important thing for anyone *not* familiar to know about the genre is that anything can self-enlighten and eventually become a human with enough cultivation. Liliane and Kunwuzi are a deer and a panda respectively, and "mermaid" generally means fish that cultivated really hard.

I mean you can hit some of the enemies so hard they revert into animals!

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Sun Mirror Flowers feels super strong. Like I initially thought that the Tranq analogue (Blazing Sun) would be the summoner's big heal but it pales compared to Sun Mirror Flowers on a group of DPS.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The first raid is out now, I wish I could do it but I don't have any friends to play with.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

I said come in! posted:

The first raid is out now, I wish I could do it but I don't have any friends to play with.

Someone did it with a party finder group today successfully - took a while, but was successful. Try that?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

there will also be an easy mode turned on this sunday i believe, which you should be able to queue for if you just want to see whats up with the raid (normal mode you can only enter manually with a preformed group.)

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm getting the impression that this game has some jank, particularly when it comes to translation, but it's actually pretty fun? Is that accurate?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I'm getting the impression that this game has some jank, particularly when it comes to translation, but it's actually pretty fun? Is that accurate?

I'm still holding my final verdict until I've done some genuine prog with a premade, but it's at least promising. The interface is confusing but the gameplay seems solid as long as the servers (and your connect to them) hold together.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007

Yes it's a real shame that Gameforge aren't bothering to spring for a proper localisation because the localisation is extremely janky, especially when you get to the later parts of the game, and mistakes present in the betas are still present here. Like there's a lot of story stuff but I don't feel like reading any of it because it barely makes any sense whatsoever with how poor the machine translation is. Like you end up with characters being named as if they were locations rather than their actual names, even though their actual names had been used before. Just really sloppy. Actual game is fun though, would recommend turning down your settings for dungeons though as they universally run like poo poo when doing them with people.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Radical posted:

there will also be an easy mode turned on this sunday i believe, which you should be able to queue for if you just want to see whats up with the raid (normal mode you can only enter manually with a preformed group.)

I appreciate the game for this kind of stuff. Most raid groups require you to know the fights inside and out before you ever even see the bosses for the first time. Putting an easy mode practice difficulty let's people learn by playing without too much screaming, which is far more fun.

Most people will still probably use guides, but at least some of it can be learned the right way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yes, but also the ping is really bad depending on where you live. I feel like there is no west coast servers in America because my ping is also 150 - 250. It sucks.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
That's probably because there are no west coast servers and it sucks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I found out how to auto matchmake 10 player dungeons, it has opened a whole new world of enjoying the game. Just do each dungeon once a day and you'll gear up so fast it feels like. At least once you hit Student 1.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I am really liking this game a lot. I love that the groups are mostly 10 mans, which feels fun as smaller group flex raiding. The content so far has a good ramp up, and as I am getting into more hard mode content, it feels challenging in a different way. Also, the game is FAST. I have always liked playing high APM classes, and this feels fun and the right amount of punishing if you get your rotation wrong.

However, it is system overload. I think a lot of that has to do with me playing WoW for a long time and used to a lot of those systems from years of practice. I feel like everyday that I play, there is some new thing I am learning and wish I would have known about before, etc. So, the learning curve is a bit of a hill to climb, but makes sense knowing the game has had time to develop before this release.

Leveling was a great experience, and I had a ton of fun doing that. The class tutorials and quizzes are a good touch. I absolutely love the player housing system!

I watched one of the TV shows before the game released, so I know a lot of the background of the stories, which is fun to see the references now. The writing is very funny, even if the translation is a bit off sometimes. I might be a little used to that, I guess, just from my love of xianxia and wuxia stories/movies.

Overall, I have a lot of hours in this game now and would recommend it. Excited to get raiding with some goons, hopefully this next reset! :)

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Tell me about the story!!! I want to know more about these crazy wuxia people

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Do the devs have any plans to overhaul the UI? I still play SOLO everyday to at least do the PvE dailies, but this game does still need a lot of work. There are a lot of mechanics that could just be streamlined way more, or are not really necessary. The UI needs to be completely redone, and the optimization is non-existent. Since i'm primarily doing group content now, i've resorted to just having the game at the lowest possible settings, and turning player models off. Even though this is a 3+ year old, and I am playing on a RTX 2070, it's the only way I can actually get 60fps and even then it's not stable.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

They aren’t working on optimizations because they’re working on converting the entire engine to be more efficient. Not sure if the UI will change more. It has changed a bit from beta already. Some menus are entirely new like the Swordmaster Adventure story window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Xun posted:

Tell me about the story!!! I want to know more about these crazy wuxia people

The story from Swords of Legends 1 doesn't totally match up with the world of Swords of Legends 2, which is closer to the MMO, but it definitely has some similar stuff. So far I haven't seen any named references (outside of the card game, which has almost all of the characters/items/locations), but lots of familiar feelings:

- Spellsword, Bards, Berserker, and something closest to a Summoner/Reaper are all in the world, but no Spearmasters and no clockwork machines.

- Qin Shi Huang's tomb is still super important to the story. He tried a lot of stuff to search for power and he buried it with him and so it's a big magical minefield.

- The story of the TV show is similar to the player character intro. The hero comes into possession of a sword spirit that merges with his own soul. He needs to come to terms with it in the show because the sword spirit he got was pure evil. (This might be what is happening to Haocang in the MMO story). The main character has a little red mark on his forehead just like (MMO spoiler) the lady in black you fight in Jiangdu

- Lots of flavor stuff is already established for the classes: spellswords are uptight, berserkers are drunks, bards are really into making medicine/immortality pills.

- Animals and plants and rocks and basically everything can cultivate qi and become humanoid. You look more human the more cultivated/pure your qi is, so the tiger monsters you fight that still look really tiger-y are less cultivated than Kunwuzi, the Swordsmith you meet in Cloudrise, who is actually a panda. Swords can also cultivate qi under some conditions and then become human, like the twins that hang out with Kunwuzi. They're a pair of swords.

- There is an almost exact replica of the Lunar Mirror of Dreams that lets you see the lingering history of a place if there is enough emotion or spirit or whatever floating around.

It's a wild show and is pretty fun. There are way too many little arcs to even describe.